Announcement

Chris

Before you start reading this I should warn you this is a medium to long post so don't go posting random crap in your replies, read the whole thing thoroughly and reply to each point I brought up if necessary. Let me know what you think about it so I can decide whether to do certain things or not.

Since I haven't been to active on these forums as of late, due to work on other websites I've been doing, plus school work and such, I thought I'd post a announcement as to what will be going on in the coming months, which are often boring in terms of GTA activity. As there's no new GTA's to look forward to at the moment or anything.

Some of you, and you get this on all forums by the way, say that the forums aren't "fun" or are "dead" as some of you phrase it. I've been looking at other forums and none of them are appealing to me whatsoever. I am a normal member on other forums which I won't name, I see this forum through an admins eyes only so its unfair. But no other forums were "fun" either. So we're all in the same position really.

I know we're in need of some ways to keep up the general activity around here, so I've been thinking a bit.

I was thinking of maybe installing the arcade again, it seemed to be quite popular among most members last time (remember the tournaments we had). If you are one of the people who would like to see the Arcade installed please say that in your reply so I can see if it's wanted or not.

We don't have any kind of shop or store at the moment, for several reasons really. Firstly, IBStore, the system we were using before isn't being worked on anymore, and is not compatible with this latest version of Invision Power Board. IBShop is also no longer being developed so we cannot use that.

The other store system in development is Perfect Store, however I tried this out on my beta forums and did not like it at all, and it only had one different feature (Auctioning) that I felt might be useful.

So I looked around Invisionize forums (#1 resource for IPB modders) and found that a guy called Phil is developing iStore (Invision Store). Phil helped with making IBStore, and so this system should be very similar, and better in some aspects.

So that's the store we will be using, currently nobody has any idea when he will release the modification, so we'll simply have to wait until he does so.

Now once iStore has been released, I can work on integrating my Gangs System into it, then we can revitalise the whole gang scene, further increasing activity around here. Parts of this can be done now though, if Gang leaders would sort out members in their gang and the like.

I'm also considering a adding a new forum for members to post problems that they may have, these could be problems with the forum itself, or with moderators who you think are dealing with things unfairly, and we can do our best to resolve them. With this system in place we know exactly how all the members feel, theyll have a place to voice their opinion.

To reintroduce the friendly atmosphere these forums have been known for, I have intorduced a no arguing policy for all moderators and admins. Basically what this means is, if a member starts arguing with a member of our staff, rather than retaliate, we shall discuss the problem and reasoning behind it and take the best action. This might be issuing a warning or suspending for a short period of time or something else to allow the member to calm down.

Finally, a custom skin for the forums. Since I don't have time to do so myself I'm thinking of getting a designer to make a custom GTA skin for us, then I'll colourise it for each GTA games colours. I think it would be much better if our skin was unqiue.

Thank you for reading

I dont have long so this is short.

Alright Chris, glad to see you're bringing the forum back on its feet after the recent events and the strangely strange inactivity. <_<

I was thinking of maybe installing the arcade again, it seemed to be quite popular among most members last time (remember the tournaments we had). If you are one of the people who would like to see the Arcade installed please say that in your reply so I can see if it's wanted or not.

Alright, bring the arcade back, I was looking forward to getting pwned by Spaz/Kiku in the Yeti Sports tournament..

I'm also considering a adding a new forum for members to post problems that they may have, these could be problems with the forum itself, or with moderators who you think are dealing with things unfairly, and we can do our best to resolve them. With this system in place we know exactly how all the members feel, theyll have a place to voice their opinion.

Isn't there a forum for that? Suggestions forum?

To reintroduce the friendly atmosphere these forums have been known for, I have intorduced a no arguing policy for all moderators and admins. Basically what this means is, if a member starts arguing with a member of our staff, rather than retaliate, we shall discuss the problem and reasoning behind it and take the best action. This might be issuing a warning or suspending for a short period of time or something else to allow the member to calm down.

No comment. Quoted for emphasis.

We don't have any kind of shop or store at the moment, for several reasons really. Firstly, IBStore, the system we were using before isn't being worked on anymore, and is not compatible with this latest version of Invision Power Board. IBShop is also no longer being developed so we cannot use that.

The other store system in development is Perfect Store, however I tried this out on my beta forums and did not like it at all, and it only had one different feature (Auctioning) that I felt might be useful.

So I looked around Invisionize forums (#1 resource for IPB modders) and found that a guy called Phil is developing iStore (Invision Store). Phil helped with making IBStore, and so this system should be very similar, and better in some aspects.

So that's the store we will be using, currently nobody has any idea when he will release the modification, so we'll simply have to wait until he does so.

Now once iStore has been released, I can work on integrating my Gangs System into it, then we can revitalise the whole gang scene, further increasing activity around here. Parts of this can be done now though, if Gang leaders would sort out members in their gang and the like.

This will definatly get the forum back on its feet, but some members that are active don't enjoy the Gang System (i do :worship: ), and the store... well some members are rich as, and some are really poor.

We could get some practically dead forums back, like Creativity (icouldmakesigtuts*cough*) and Trading stalls.

kthxbi

Well once the new gang syestem is running I will probably be bringing the S.F.M back to life, I have honestly missed it, Chris we mmay want to have monthly gang wars (just a suggestion).

The gang syestem will be a nice way to get tgtap back to its former glory. :)

Finally, a custom skin for the forums. Since I don't have time to do so myself I'm thinking of getting a designer to make a custom GTA skin for us, then I'll colourise it for each GTA games colours. I think it would be much better if our skin was unqiue.

On the matter of the skins, I think you should get one that will go along with the theme on the main site...

~Crimson

Edited by Crimson

I think its about time the person who runs this site stepped in and made some changes. The actual forums themselves is a good place to start (version, mods and skins) then the moderators should be able to handle situations properly. Once these fundementals are in place, its a simple process of keeping order, enforcing the rules, and encouraging all positive activity. The older members will move on (some of which may not be adjusted to the new rules) and a new generation of members will come about, and they will be brought up here along with the guidelines. I suppose what i'm saying is that it will take time before results are shown, but there is no chance of obtaining positive results without long term commitment. Says he.

Alright, bring the arcade back, I was looking forward to getting pwned by Spaz/Kiku in the Yeti Sports tournament..

Me too

Chris we mmay want to have monthly gang wars (just a suggestion).

The gang syestem will be a nice way to get tgtap back to its former glory. :)

Totally agreed

I loved the arcade. That, plus a new store, skin, and the gang system return are just what we need.

Yep

Alright, possibly tonight the arcade will be back.

Yay!!

Well that's one thing off my to do list. I've brought the arcade back, and I never deleted all the information from the last one we had from back in May so everything's still there ^_^

Please don't talk about the arcade in here, talk about the other stuff I said in my original post...arcade talk in this topic:

The arcade returns

I think its about time the person who runs this site stepped in and made some changes. The actual forums themselves is a good place to start (version, mods and skins) then the moderators should be able to handle situations properly. Once these fundementals are in place, its a simple process of keeping order, enforcing the rules, and encouraging all positive activity. The older members will move on (some of which may not be adjusted to the new rules) and a new generation of members will come about, and they will be brought up here along with the guidelines. I suppose what i'm saying is that it will take time before results are shown, but there is no chance of obtaining positive results without long term commitment. Says he.

Love the idea, but not the whole old members moving on new members coming in part. I mean, that's what made this place for me, the members. Until ALL of the old members come back((which will never happen)), it just won't ever be the same place to me.

Likin' your avatar, Zino((a nickname I came up with, no?)).

I was going to say "Yes to the arcade" right here but I see that's not needed. :clapping:

I'll get you some pictures for yo' site, Chris. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Big bump,

But just to give my thumbs up.

After a bit of prompting from MVI, I decided to show up again.

only to recieve a PM from that MGILB twat. After opening it, I saw loads of KKK stuff, as well as several pictures of male pensioners in awkward positions.

Glad he's now banned so thannks for that. But it's stuff like that that made me drift off.

I think the shop would be fantastic, i'm also keen on the arcade...i'm still Snake champion. lol.

The skin would be good for others I guess, although i'm happy with the current skins.