#1 Adriaan

Adriaan

Hatchetman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • South Africa 

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

Earlier this week a few news articles were seen on numerous gaming websites about the next GTA for next-gen consoles being an 8 month exclusive for the PS3. Most of them being from fairly unknown websites, which already raised a few red flags. However as always a rumor like this should have a starting point and throughout the days I sniffed around the web to find it.

By the looks of it, it must have started between PS3 Updates and Gamer Andy. An editor called Clay was contacted by an unknown source about the next GTA for next-gen consoles (otherwise known as GTA4) being an 8 month exclusive for Sony's Playstation 3. He appeared to have said that both Sony and Take Two Interactive will announce this closely to Xbox 360's release.

That was October and two days ago he was contacted by one of the companies mentioned in the previous article (possibly Take 2) and they confirmed to him that it is in fact true. This comes as no surprise though as throughout the years Take Two and Sony had a good relationship when it came to Grand Theft Auto. GTA: San Andreas for instance was a 7 month exclusive for the Playstation 2.

So if you plan to buy yourself an Xbox 360 later this month, bear in mind that there is a big possibility you will have to wait a very long time after GTA's PS3 launch to play it on your 360. For now we'll just have to keep an eye on Take Two's press release page.

Links: PS3 Updates and Gamer Andy

#2 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:13 PM

Of coarse it would be PS3 exclusive, for the first 5 mothes, then it comes out on PC and Xbox360.
Posted Image

#3 Plo Koon

Plo Koon

The Lurker of the Darkness

• Banned
  • 478 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

I also think that it will go to the PS3 first then the PC then the Xbox360. That is how it went with the PS2 to PC and Xbox. So GTA will always be for playstation.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Han Solo: Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else.

#4 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:54 PM

Going to have trouble with putting it on pc, sa is taxing enough, most computers can't run it at that high a resoloution

#5 Adriaan

Adriaan

Hatchetman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • South Africa 

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

Exactly! Which reminds me of the PS3's 2k x 1k resolution :drible:. It'll be interesting if this time round they will have to downgrade it for the PC. Or it can disspointing for some as it won't work on their PC.

#6 ColSamatoshi

ColSamatoshi

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:16 PM

Um, isn't GTA4 called "Vice city"?????

#7 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

*sigh*

No - GTA Vice City was the fourth game to come out with the title of "Grand Theft Auto", but was really only a sequel to GTA3, using the same 'engine' to work on, just a different city, storyline and a few modifications (such as bikes and helicopters). San Andreas was only an improvement on Vice City again, so those three games are known as the GTAIII Trilogy.

There is another GTA set to come out next year, which will be completely new (like gta3 was to gta2), running on a completely new engine, with completely new characters and locations - this is a new game, so it gets a new name, which we don't know yet, so we call this GTA4.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#8 Sabin

Sabin

Drop Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

How much longer can they advance thies consoles before they just become a personal computer?

Edited by Sabin, 14 November 2005 - 09:56 AM.

My PC (built from parts)
CPU: AMD Phenom Quad Core 9500 2.2Ghz
MB: Biostar TA790GX A+
Ram: ULTRA 4GB 800Mhz
GPU: HD 3450 512MB
PSU: APEVIA Java 500W
Display: LCD Acer X193W (
19 inch, 1440 x 900)
HDD: WD 160GB
Case: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

#9 Equinox

Equinox

The autumnal equinox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:13 AM

Haha, please...

The ps3 is as or more powerful than a super computer...
Formerly known as Aquador.

#10 Plo Koon

Plo Koon

• Banned
  • 478 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

1 thing that I have to add to that too is that the PS3 will have more power then the Xbox360, also because of that blue ray.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Han Solo: Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else.

#11 C.O.D

C.O.D

SFM Right-Hand

• Elite Members
  • 858 posts
  • Indonesia 

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:07 AM

Haha, please...
The ps3 is as or more powerful than a super computer...

:nope: OH NO!!!
Anybody here wants the Next GTA (GTA4) to be in the PC? I do. I NEED IT.
Guess I better try to kindly-make my parents buy a PS3, or win a lottery.

Edited by C.O.D, 14 November 2005 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

#12 GaMeFrEaK

GaMeFrEaK

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:04 PM

thanks god i am saving up for a PS3!
Posted Image

#13 Plo Koon

Plo Koon

• Banned
  • 478 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

I have over $200 saved up already for the PS3.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Steven

Steven

E-1337

• Elite Members
  • 581 posts
  • United States 

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:45 AM

o.O I gotta star saving up. *runs and sells limonade*

Thats awesome, but i wonder what it shall be called ? hmmm

Posted Image

#15 Akuma

Akuma

Brett Favre society of grey-beardness

• Elite Members
  • 535 posts
  • Kenya 

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:21 AM

If this is PS3 only, then I'm sure R* would lose quite a bit of income, as there are a lot of people using the XBox 360, or just on a PC.
Posted Image
I support the Brett Favre society of grey-beardness. Grow some stubble, and make that shit grey. Leave it that way. Forever. Retire from your job twice in eleven months.

#16 C.O.D

C.O.D

SFM Right-Hand

• Elite Members
  • 858 posts
  • Indonesia 

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:18 PM

If this is PS3 only, then I'm sure R* would lose quite a bit of income, as there are a lot of people using the XBox 360, or just on a PC.

I totally agree with Akuma...
But, if the PS3 is REALLY as/or more powerful to a Super Computer... Then Gamingworld is actually more important than science discoveries I would presume... :coolthumbup: Hooray for SONY!!!

Posted Image

#17 GaMeFrEaK

GaMeFrEaK

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

they prolly will make it for the Xbox 360, but they might have to use bigger disc on it :bleh:
Posted Image

#18 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:52 PM

The LAUNCH is PS3 exclusive. That's a given. It's obvious. The same way the past three games have gone((excluding LCS which isn't even on PS2)).

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#19 C.O.D

C.O.D

SFM Right-Hand

• Elite Members
  • 858 posts
  • Indonesia 

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:24 AM

The LAUNCH is PS3 exclusive. That's a given. It's obvious. The same way the past three games have gone((excluding LCS which isn't even on PS2)).

I just wish the :drool: system requirements are not too crazy, and that R* won't leave any mistakes on Porting the game from The Console to the PC.

Posted Image

#20 INWA

INWA

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:48 PM

ps3 owns :P i bought it 2day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users