Why does it crash on me?

advent

:bashhead:

I really hope someone can help me with this problem::.

Ok my problem is I install GTAVC used a NoCD crack and started playing the game everything is running ok for about 10-15mins and then my computer flashes a blue screen and restarts itself can anyone out there tell me why it is doing this and how to fix it?

Thanks for reading hope you can help me.

No cd crack? hmmm sounds illlegal.

perhaps you should just pay the 20 bucks and buy it?

If thats what your intentions are, I can understand why people try to pirate software like adobe photoshop

or macromedia flash desinger becuase it cost like 600 american dollars.

theres no reason to mess around with a game that costs 20 cnd (where I live).

Edited by Sabin

Why not just look GTA Vice City Nocd crack on google, or look for it on a warez site. Or download it off of a downloading program. It is that easy.

:cry:

It has nothing to do with a NOCD crack it has to do with that when the game play it suddenly shuts down and I get a blue screen and my computer restarts I can't even play the game for 10 mins.

No, it's probably your operating system. I'm guessing because you said "blue screen," you have Windows 98. I suggest you format your hard-drive, and install either Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Either that or download Ad-aware and scan your system.

My system is Windows XP could the problem that I have really be from adwear? It just don't make sence though because the GTA 3 I have runs fine with no problems... I really wish I knew what was wrong I really like GTAVC...

Edited by advent

you say you get a blue screen? hmm..

well I have no idea what causes that but something I do know that people overlook that causes errors is errors in the registry.

get registry mechanic or some other program like and scan your registry It may not fix your problem but will make your pc run

like it was new again :)

I did it and now my computer starts faster, I had 170 errors in it.

It used to take like 5 min for it start up the desktop now it takes

like 2 min.

oh ya don't mess around with your registry or you may have to reformatt then reinstall windows again

and in some case mircrosoft says this may not even work, hence you broke your pc.

so be very carefull with the registry!go to microsofts website on help with the registry if you want to learn more about it

http://support.microsoft.com/winxp?sid=353

Edited by Sabin

you say you get a blue screen? hmm..

well I have no idea what causes that but something I do know that people overlook that causes errors is errors in the registry.

get registry mechanic or some other program like and scan your registry It may not fix your problem but will make your pc run

like it was new again :)

I did it and now my computer starts faster, I had 170 errors in it.

It used to take like 5 min for it start up the desktop now it takes

like 2 min.

oh ya don't mess around with your registry or you may have to reformatt then reinstall windows again

and in some case mircrosoft says this may not even work, hence you broke your pc.

so be very carefull with the registry!go to microsofts website on help with the registry if you want to learn more about it

http://support.microsoft.com/winxp?sid=353

Alright I'll give it a try also I went back into the game and I went back to the place it crashed at before and it crashed again... I don't know why but it is in certin areas.... :wtf:

Question about registry mechanic it can't do any harm to fix the problems found can it?

Edited by advent

You can get a demo of it on www.download.com

but it does not fix all of the errors, (desnged that way- hence demo)

yes it is possible it could screw up your registry, but the product

claims it makes backups of the keys you delete from the registry.

(the reason I say "claim" is becuase I have'nt used the back up option as of yet becuase I did'nt have a problem with it)

:)

How does it work?

What it does is scan your registry sorta the same way a virus program scan your pc.

belive it or not virus scanners can also make mistakes get a false id on thing it thinks is bad

and might actual be important, thats way programs like AD-aware make backups in the quarintine

section is case it cleans a needed program by accident.

How do errors get in the registry?

when you install a program it inserts keys into the registry, when you uninstall a program

its supposed to remove the keys but sometimes some are still left behind.

or improperly deleting a program leaves the keys behind, like going to programs

were its installed and deleting the folder with the program.

(Demos) Trial programs also leave keys behind also, those keys are usually the ones that prevent you using the program beyond the trail period. (Don't try to find the keys o crack a demo, you'll screw up your registry)

thats about it....

on other hand if you studied and became a registry genious you could crack any de....

Edited by Sabin

You can get a demo of it on www.download.com

but it does not fix all of the errors, (desnged that way- hence demo)

yes it is possible it could screw up your registry, but the product

claims it makes backups of the keys you delete from the registry.

(the reason I say "claim" is becuase I have'nt used the back up option as of yet becuase I did'nt have a problem with it)

:)

How does it work?

What it does is scan your registry sorta the same way a virus program scan your pc.

belive it or not virus scanners can also make mistakes get a false id on thing it thinks is bad

and might actual be important, thats way programs like AD-aware make backups in the quarintine

section is case it cleans a needed program by accident.

How do errors get in the registry?

when you install a program it inserts keys into the registry, when you uninstall a program

its supposed to remove the keys but sometimes some are still left behind.

or improperly deleting a program leaves the keys behind, like going to programs

were its installed and deleting the folder with the program.

(Demos) Trial programs also leave keys behind also, those keys are usually the ones that prevent you using the program beyond the trail period. (Don't try to find the keys o crack a demo, you'll screw up your registry)

thats about it....

on other hand if you studied and became a registry genious you could crack any de....

Thanks for your help I'll run the program and then the game and tell you how to turns out.

Alright I ran the program and i have about 198 problems I fixed them all :clapping:

Then I started the game and went back to the spot and it blue screened and restarted again... There has to be some problem with the game itself :pissed:

Unless someone has any more ideas :erm:

When I put the disc in to play it, it says please insert the right disc and it says retry or cancel and the game only crashes in certin areas of the game like by the light house or the area where all the boats are. I really don't understand it.

When I put the disc in to play it, it says please insert the right disc and it says retry or cancel and the game only crashes in certin areas of the game like by the light house or the area where all the boats are. I really don't understand it.

Have you installed any mods into it?

Updated on my Crisis...

I went out and returned my copy and got a new one :lolbounce: I installed the game and started to play it and it crashed again only this time I got to read what it said.

It was talking about my drivers and that was causeing the crash so I'm going to back up all the shit on my computer and reboot it I think this will fix the driver problem if not I'll just return the game and get it on the PS2. And call it even.

I'll let you guys know how it turn out. I'll reply later on tonight it will take a while to back up my sysem.

Edited by advent

• 11 months later...

I have 'exactly' the same problem and have searched high and low on the net for some explanation.....no joy...

I have a 3GB P4 with 512MB RAM and had no issue with GTA III. I am also running it with a ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics card and I know there are registered issues with this card and this game, but I tried all of the 'fixes' suggested and the Patch to no avail, still a few minutes of play followed by 'bluescreen'..... :pissedred:

I anyone 'out there' has a cure, let me know and I will 'spread the word'.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Beerman

• 9 months later...
Updated on my Crisis...

I went out and returned my copy and got a new one :lolbounce: I installed the game and started to play it and it crashed again only this time I got to read what it said.

It was talking about my drivers and that was causing the crash so I'm going to back up all the shit on my computer and reboot it I think this will fix the driver problem if not I'll just return the game and get it on the PS2. And call it even.

I'll let you guys know how it turn out. I'll reply later on tonight it will take a while to back up my system.

Advent,

Please insert a screen-shot of the blue screen problem. Press "PrtScrSysRq" in the middle of "Scroll Lock" and "F12" then press Ctrl + V to past into Paint, then upload the screenshot in an attachment, do this by clicking Manage Attachments when applying to a topic. Your only way now is to scan your entire computer for viruses and other unwanted software. I suggest downloading

Spyware Doctor (link, PC Tools) - Scan your computer for Spyware. You can search for Adware programs on Google or Download.com, scan your computer for Spyware, Adware, Trojans and Malware - Malicious viruses.

I recommand downloading Windows Defender from Microsoft. (Note - Windows Defender is only for Genuine Microsoft Windows!) If you have a legal copy of windows, installing Windows Defender should be easy. If you have an illegal copy of windows then you cannot get any programs used for Genuine.

Make sure you have allowed the file to be added to your registry. To see if you have the Vice City file in your registry go to Start > Run type "regedit.exe or just regedit". Then search the folders. These problems are mostly because of Trojans and Malware removing your system files. It is recommanded that you remove all of the viruses from your computer, failing to do so will leave your computer in danger! If you have noticed alot of files missing and getting an unknown error with "This file might be corupted or may have a virus" then scan your computer strate away! AVG Anti-Virus is good for detecting viruses. They will notify you if you have a "Trojan.backdoor" < they are very harmful to your computer, and can do more danage then other viruses. Like Worms etc.