ImageLodge.net - Free Image Hosting

Chris

46860.gif

As one of the projects I set myself to improve my PHP skills, Image Lodge was formed.

I have created this website from scratch, the layout, images, and PHP coding was all done by myself.

Image Lodge is like other image hosts, it's entirely free to use, but with us you get tons more storage space and bandwidth than most other providers.

Thumbnails are automatically generated for most images, and you are given HTML code and BBCode for posting on websites and forums.

In your control panel you are able to manage all your images, get BBcode for them, move them into trash if you don't want them anymore, or even permanently delete them.

More features are planned for the future, these include multiple uploading, rotate an image, and various other effects that can be applied.

We'd appreciate it if you all now used Image Lodge for your first place for hosting images, tell all your friends about it too. Whenever you need to post an image on these forums, just host it at Image Lodge.

Please let me know what you think of the service and provide your feedback and suggestions if you have any, also let me know id you find any bugs in the site when using it.

Ok, I'm going to be adding a new feature some time next week...

Categories - making it easier to sort/find your images (possibly in future also have the option to make the gallery available for others to browse

Graphical representations of space and bandwidth usage

Rotate and resize your images

Statistics - see which of your images are most popular and which are using most bandwidth etc. (not very important - will leave til last)

Chris I tryed imagelodge to upload an image to show in the forums but

it would"nt upload. It was right file size and format.

got any ideas why it would'nt upload.

*added to not double post*

Well I guess your a busy person chris.

I'll try again. next time to get it to upload

but last time I waited up 2min to upload

800kb picture. theres no way such small

file should take so long. There must be an error

on my part or the server.

but as I said before i made sure it was'nt over the

upload limit of 1024kb and right format like jpg.

oh well...

Edited by Sabin Romero

Yeah, that's accented (french, german and other euro languages) or cyrillic characters (like Russian).

Plus, symbols like ; [ ] # ' / ., `!%£*))£%)€

They don't display correctly in your browser a lot of the time so we blocked them.

I waited up 2min to upload

800kb picture. theres no way  such small

file should take so long. There must be an error

on my part or the server.

but as I said before i made sure it was'nt over the

upload limit of 1024kb and right format like jpg.

Possibly it was your computer or possibly it was my server, can you keep trying and see if this happens every time or if you were just unlucky?

well I tryed again:

I try to upload different formats like a jpg, png and bmb each were under 1mb

and still no luck.

I even made sure they were'nt on read only if that would make any difference.

Does imagelodge send a email to your email account to activevate your

account, I can't remember if it did or not.

If thats the case then my spamfilter eat it.

Edited by Sabin Romero

chris,

you how when you upload something and it shows that bar at the bottom

of the screen with the green bars in it.

well when i upload on imagelodge it has no loading bar.

i can't attach a picture example for some reason on this forum

so you'll have to use your imagination what I mean.

this probly means it is'nt loading (no sh* sherlock) ;) lol

No, at the moment we don't see the need for account validations.

I really have no idea why you're having trouble uploading.

Is anyone else having troubles?

Registered, uploaded, moved to trash, and deleted all under 2 minutes. Everything is flowing like a raver for me. And if you've been to rave you know they flow.

Flow like WHOA, Yo'!

• 3 weeks later...

I made some improvements to ImageLodge.net :)

Yeah, Theres now graphical bars representing how much space and bandwidth you've used. And there's a category feature. You can add/edit/delete categories, for better organisation of your images.

Now when uploading an image you will have a dropdown box with the categories you've created (if any) and can choose which one it's uploaded into.

Theres also some improvements to the My Images page.

You can now tick a checkbox next to each image to easily move multiple images to the trash or to a different category.

Let me know if there's any bugs and of course all feedback is welcome ;)

lol that's an interesting question. Considering he is the founder of TheGTAPlace that wouldn't be a problem. Trust me... Mr. Phillips makes more than enough money to afford his own server every month.

Yeah I have to be honest this is the slowest image uploader I have ever seen. Even though I am all the way down in Africa imageshack is like litteraly 20 x faster.