New GTA features

tyler

What new GTA feature are you most excited about?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What new GTA feature are you most excited about?

• Snow
    • Ad Hoc Multiplayer
    • Ferries
    • Changes in Liberty City
    • Motor bikes in Liberty City

Have those features all been confirmed for the game?

The Snow I guess.

yes, i'm pretty sure they have all been confirmed but i only know what i've heard in magizines or from other sites. if the sources are correct they are all confirmed

Yes, those have all been confirmed, but it is unknown as to weather the multiplayer is Ad-hoc or Infastructure. While most people seem to link it's the former, it hasn't been confirmed.

I've been hearing that it's ad hoc (I think that means that you play with people near you), but what in god's name is infrastructure???

Infastructure is where you connect to other PSPs over the internet using an access point (like a hot spot). Ad hoc connects directly to other PSPs within 150ft without an access point. Infastructure is in deed much better, and no where did R* say it was ad hoc. ON their LCS site they say it is simply "wireless multiplayer." Even if IGN said "Ad Hoc," the game might not have been a final build or they didn't get to try out infastructure mode. Even so, we can still use ad hoc over the net by means of X-Link. (Team X-Link site fools your PSP, PS2, GCN, or PSP into thinking it's playing ad hoc or system link, but 'tis really online!)

Infastructure is where you connect to other PSPs over the internet using an access point (like a hot spot). Ad hoc connects directly to other PSPs within 150ft without an access point. Infastructure is in deed much better, and no where did R* say it was ad hoc. ON their LCS site they say it is simply "wireless multiplayer." Even if IGN said "Ad Hoc," the game might not have been a final build or they didn't get to try out infastructure mode. Even so, we can still use ad hoc over the net by means of X-Link. (Team X-Link site fools your PSP, PS2, GCN, or PSP into thinking it's playing ad hoc or system link, but 'tis really online!)

Your right, R* never did announce what type of multiplayer it would be, just the fansites said that. so, using ad hoc, you don't have to use a wire or anything to connect a psp right? you just have to be near somebody with that same game?

chris82, what is your big problem with me. you keep warning me on things.

first of all what happens when my warn meter reaches 100%

second of all, what does it mean to be bumping things

I think that he warned you because of double posting or OT posts, and you probably get banned after reaching 100% (on forum, not in GTA games :D )

Yes, I said Ad-Hoc, but hope it is Infastructure or XLink supports it. That way Spaz and I will gang up on all of you! It's going to be hell going to school the day the game comes out. (Oh, and btw, I warned you twice tyler because you bumped old topics on two different occasions. Next time, if you have a concern about your warning level, PM the moderator)

Yes, I said Ad-Hoc, but hope it is Infastructure or XLink supports it. That way Spaz and I will gang up on all of you! It's going to be hell going to school the day the game comes out. (Oh, and btw, I warned you twice tyler because you bumped old topics on two different occasions. Next time, if you have a concern about your warning level, PM the moderator)

but what do you mean "bumping a topic" i'm new to this site i have no idea what that means

but what do you mean "bumping a topic" i'm new to this site i have no idea what that means

Posting in old topics so that it results in "bumping" it back up to the top of the page. It technically isn't bumping unless it's on purpose, but that's the term that has stuck.

OK! info here people. The Multiplayer connection has been confirmed by IGN.

So here's how it works. Players access the multiplayer menu by pressing start then proceed to select a specific mode. Of the seven modes available, Rockstar unveiled two. Why they deemed such a thing necessary we'll never know. But at least they revealed a good chunk of specifics not related to the five, mysterious modes. LCS will support multiplayer for up to six players over Ad Hoc using the PSPs Wi-Fi connection. Fortunately, connecting four PSPs during our demo was quick and easy with minimal fuss. The only snag we ran into was due to one PSP which hadn't been updated with the recent Firmware 2.0 update. After the two minute installation, though, we were all ready to roll.

hows that?

for more info on the game, check out... psp.ign.com