Graphics Card

chris82

I need to buy a graphics card.

I currently have a GeForce4 MX4000 card. (128mb PCI DDR-SDRAM)

My processor is a 2.6GHz Pentium 4 with L2 1MB Cache. I have 512 MB DDR-SDRAM memory. I need a graphics card under $150 that has the following specs:

256MB of DDR-SDRAM

Dual RAMDAC's at least 350MHz

Core Clock Speed at least 275MHz

At least 4 pixels per clock rendering engine

At least 16 textures per pass

It can be either nVidia or ATi. It can be any shop but it has to be PCI. Not PCI Express or AGP. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

i've got the exactly the same graphics card as chris82 with 128MB and i'm thinking of getting a FX5800 with 256MB

Recomended graphics card as you may know for GTA3 is G-Force MX4000

Recomended graphics card as you may know for Vice City is G-Force FX 5800

Recomended graphics card as you may know for San Andreas is G-Force 6800! :lamo:

i've got the exactly the same graphics card as chris82 with 128MB and i'm thinking of getting a FX5800 with 256MB

Recomended graphics card as you may know for GTA3 is G-Force MX4000

Recomended graphics card as you may know for Vice City is G-Force FX 5800

Recomended graphics card as you may know for San Andreas is G-Force 6800! :lamo:

Actually, it's GeForce MX4000 for Vice and GeForce 3 for GTA3.

My computer in for hard drive and power supply repairs. (DAMN YOU Seagate!) But I will get a picture of my motherboard. (There might be PCI express, the slot will accept a standard PCI card, but about an inch below there is a black connector slot. If there is no AGP or PCIe, I'll just get a FX5800 (the last standard card nVidia made) and just keep upgrading the processor, RAM, and maybe one day, the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...