About IBStore

Here's the situation:

Basically we want to upgrade the forums to 2.1.1 (the newest version of IPB) to take advantage of the hundreds of new features and everything.

I will be recoding the gang system anyway so that won't be a problem, it's just the store, the guy who made it has retired from his position and so nothing is being done to make it compatable with 2.1.1.

Do we really need it? I know we use it for buying weapons for the gang wars and such, but do we really need it?

I admit that the gang system would be hard to make use of without the weapons and stuff, but if we find an alternative that works on 2.1.1 then maybe I could integrate it with that.

What are your thoughts?

I agree with 888, going a couple of months without a decent working shop isn't going to make us leave. I think it'd be better to get that sorted now, so that its worn in a bit before the christmas holidays - when the occasional members will drop by again and (legit) new members will be looking round.

2.1.1 SEEMS 99% stable to me, and updates are issued regularly enough to keep on top of any bugs - not forgetting we can report them ourselves. I think we should think about skins and mods sooner rather than later, then we can implement quickly.

Yeah and I've spotted a few mods we could use, it's called the Perfect Points system, currently the maker of the mod made them for 2.0 but so far he has converted the points system and the bank for 2.1, so he's obviously working on the store which by the way includes and AUCTION style method of buying stuff... how cool is that.

I'm not going to bother with my Image Uploader because it's crap and I've coded my own image hosting site anyway. That just leaves the gang system which has to be and needs to be recoded anyway, since now I gotta integrate it with Perfect Points instead of IBStore...

Yeah and I've spotted a few mods we could use, it's called the Perfect Points system, currently the maker of the mod made them for 2.0 but so far he has converted the points system and the bank for 2.1, so he's obviously working on the store which by the way includes and AUCTION style method of buying stuff... how cool is that.

Very. But you've got to be sure this mod is the best if your going to combine it with the gang system. Ill look it up though, it seems very cool