2578 replies to this topic

#2561 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

Major bump! Come on, every forum needs an active community thread.

So noticed that I had my 5 year TGTAP anniversary a few days ago. Hooray! On a bit more serious note, I had my last school exam today. Will be getting my finals starting 16'th of May. I'm actually not all to sure about making it.. I'm a beta guy, but I follow Latin too, but is seriously impacting my aggregate. Without it everything actually would be fine.. but hey..

If any of you are sort of interested in literature, I'd recommend reading Ovid's Metamorphoses. Now it may be a 2000 year old book, but I'm really enjoying reading it. It requires a little bit of background knowledge of the classical period (of Greece) though, but not as much as you'd imagine. Just know the names of the Gods and who they were and just remember that homosexuality was seen as true love. And perhaps note that Augustus (the ruler at the time) didn't like Ovid that much, cause he basically preached that you have to go out with as many women as possible. Ovid wrote a book about picking up women by the way and it's surprisingly up to date for a 200 year old book. It's called Ars Amatoria, if any of you guys are interested. Which means: The Art of Love. Pretty self explanatory. This was a time that August wanted people to all settle down and have a huge family (to make the nation strong), instead of men just fucking around a bit, so naturally August hated Ovid. Or at least, there are indications in his book. There are some very generous compliments regarding August in the metamorphoses, but they seem to be slightly sarcastic. Anyway, just read it if you're interested. I sure liked it.

I also thought of coming with an "I'm back!" statement, but then who knows for how long.. Only time will tell. Trying my best to stir op some activity.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#2562 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

I hate my life so much it's not even worth writing about it... but, could be much worse I guess. :awesome:

#2563 TNF

TNF

Party Patrol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Sup everyone?

It's been a long time, I doubt most people remember me? I used to always post in trivias and fun/off-topic.

I disappeared round August 2009 as I was just starting my 1st year of college, and although it took time to settle, I liked it I didn't know any people at first and my only friend was still in his 6th year of high school.But I soon got in there with everyone at college, Nice people there, no idiots, no bullies, no douchebags, totally different from high school in every better way.

I even got funding so i soon began to go clubbing every weekend, meeting women, making more friends :D etc... college changed me into the kind of guy i never thought i'd become, my self-esteem issues are kinda gone but they relate back to the way I was treated in high school. In college, everyone is normal and decent. and I got 2 jobs during the summer of 2010 after graduating my first year of college in Scotland (btw, that's where I'm actually from). At the same time, I enrolled in a spanish evening class at University.

I finished my 2nd year last June with a grade A on the final college exam and a grade B on the spanish exam, and am starting another course in September. This summer's been okay, had a nice 2 week break in france, except it's impossible to find work where I live and i'm pretty low on cash until i have a source of income again.

This will probably be the last period of time I'm active, since I'll be back to being a full-time student in September. :)

So what'd I miss in my time of absence?

Edited by TNF, 03 August 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#2564 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

Other than the launch of the GTA V trailer, you have missed mostly nothing.

Edited by MrLanceVanceDance, 31 January 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#2565 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Well, I suppose there is no better place to post this. I have located UrbanOutlaw! I just spoke to him briefly on xbl. He's got a broken computer and what not, but he'll be around for GTAO

:cheers: 

• Huckleberry Pie and NSanityHD like this

#2566 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Mai sottovalutare il potere del lato oscuro.

• Members
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Ahaa what are the odds in that happening on XBL? :lol: Nice one Sherman!

off topic: Which games do you play btw?

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle.

DarkNight Gaming

#2567 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Right now I'm on Assassin's Creed Revelations and GTA4 on occasion. I'm not going to go gold til GTAO though.. and after I've moved homes, soon! You? I kind of wanted to pick up a newer CoD title.. but I know I'd get sucked into it again like I did with modern warfare 2.

#2568 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hey Shermy, you should let urbanoutlaw I'm going to add him on XBL. Still on the GTA IV kick huh? Me too. Wanna do some online racing or something on it before GTA V comes out?

Edited by Nate10, 13 September 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#2569 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hey Shermy, you should let urbanoutlaw I'm going to add him on XBL. Still on the GTA IV kick huh? Me too. Wanna do some online racing or something on it before GTA V comes out?

Hey dude, how's it going? Haven't talked to you in a while.

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#2570 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Good to see you came around, Nate. I knew we'd see you soon :D And I can't.. I'm not going to have xbl until at least Oct 1. Sorry bro!

• Huckleberry Pie likes this

#2571 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Yeah, 'tis glad to have you back Nate. BTW, anyone know if UO has a Steam profile?

Posted Image

#2572 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Good to see you came around, Nate. I knew we'd see you soon :D And I can't.. I'm not going to have xbl until at least Oct 1. Sorry bro!

No worries. Give me a heads up when the gold is up and running. Hey Huck. It's going well. Cool to see you

#2573 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

No worries. Give me a heads up when the gold is up and running. Hey Huck. It's going well. Cool to see you

Cool to see you too dude! :)

Posted Image

#2574 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Will do! And Huck, UO doesn't have an operating computer at the moment.

#2575 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Will do! And Huck, UO doesn't have an operating computer at the moment.

Yeah, so I've read. Missed him a lot and his Sportster, you know.

Posted Image

#2576 Scott.

Scott.

I am God.

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

Bumpy oooh Hi everyone!

Posted Image

#2577 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

Bingo bango bongo  :dribble:

#2578 Silberio

Silberio

Precious

• Members
  • 1,611 posts
  • Sweden 

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

What have I missed?

#2579 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

Everyone left. I left too. Then stayed. Then left. Then had my magnum opus of crazy years this last year. no longer do i drink from the bottle~

A whole lot happened. I'm working on a children's story for adults currently and a few other projects. Deciding to move north or south still. What have you been up to mayne

Edited by Nate10, 22 July 2015 - 09:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users