Big Community Thread

Chris

Just wondering what everybody's life is like where they are living, and what everybody's background, I don't know about you but I think it's good to know a lot about the people we converse with on the web, since we don't get a chance to meet them in person, or very rarely anyway.

Post in a format like your background (as much as you want to share), significant events in your life, how everything is going at the moment, what your hoping to do in the future. Yeah so it's chronological ;)

Guess I should start so you can all see what to do :P

[REST OF POST REMOVED]

My background is even more f*cked up

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an only child, age 16, with a single parent. My mum was in a 'situation' with the owner of the restauraunt she worked in, and I was the result. My mum and dad weren't exactly besotted, and split up just as if they were bf+gf from college. My mum was 21, and obviously not married to my dad, who never saw me after i was a couple of months old, and I've never seen him since.

As i grew up, my mum met this awful seedy man, I was about 3. He was a grumpy alcoholic, although not an old man yet. He became my unofficial stepfather, and took me out to places and the lake district and restaurants and stuff. We moved to live in the same house, out of our little flat into a nice semi in a large country village. My stepdad got a job in the Netherlands, and just as I started infant school (year 1) we moved to Holland.

After a few months in Holland, my mum got fed up with him and when me and her came back to the UK for Christmas, we didn't go back, and I returned to finish Years 1 and 2 at the same school. After a couple of affairs (on his part), my mum split up (at last) and we went to live at her parents. I went to a different school there for a while. We soon moved to the house I'm in now, and I changed schools to the local primary.

Two years of hell ensued. Bullied and tormented by the kids, ignored and disrespected by the staff. Year 3 and 4 at the Primary were the worst of my life. I couldn't stay there, so my stepdad started paying for a private school. Six years there, more split ups (not quite sure if they got back together or not, certainly not officially anyway).

That was a small school, 140 pupils ages 3-18, and that grew to 200 during my time there. When I joined, I made it 10 pupils in the year. I did pretty well, my successes leading up to a 98% in a slightly-edited GCSE maths paper i took in Form 3 (year 9), and getting the top mark in the school in the UKJMC (if you don't know what that is, then dont worry). My stepdad didn't want to keep paying, we'd grown apart. So we managed to get a couple of charities (mainly trust funds) to oversee my education, on the grounds i could never go to the comp after what happened at the primary school, and i could do really well. That was a stroke of luck. The school itself was pretty enclosed, nothing much exciting happened. We were kids, we did silly things, and a couple of these, attached with no serious guilt, got me kicked out.

That was a year and a half ago, halfway through my GCSE courses. There was one other private school nearby, since the local comp was NOT an option. This new school, Yarm, seemed ideal. It was closer to home, it was the best in the region, it was larger, it had more facilities, it did more activities, half the teachers had PhDs, and they could even fit my GCSE courses into the option blocks. How good was that.

Problem was I'd been kicked out of a private school, and our tough headmaster wasn't likely to accept me, on the back of everything. I took the entrance exams, and got some character references, and he practically dragged me into the school. My previous headmaster wanted me to go to the comp, it was what i deserved, and he thought i should suffer - it was a pretty horrendous comprehensive, and no more than what I deserved. But I got into Yarm, and I wasted no time in settling down. The only problem was with the charities, but my mothers wonderful consisitent campaigning paid off, and I kept the funding.

I was given roles of responsibility, I am now one of the most respected and popular pupils amongst older kids, younger kids, and staff. I regularly attend meetings with the Dep Head, Head of Sixth Form, Headmaster, and Heads of Departments, with regards to all Theatre productions, assemblies, disco's etc. I have keys to half the school, access to a lot of expensive equipment, and am good friends with the fleet of maintinence staff and the two ICT technicians, all are amazing. It was this responsibility that gave me maturity, something I desperately needed, and my previous school lacked.

In my GCSE's this summer i ended up with 3 As, 6 Bs and an unconfirmed C. I slipped with my work, the Internet had taken over my life and I had done not nearly enough revision, and no homework. I could have got straight As and A*s, but I stopped myself from getting that. This year i selected Maths, Psychology, Geography and Computing to study for A Levels, and so far I'm keeping on top of the work. I've made a conscious effort to change, and even today i've been disposing of my problems of the past.

Sixth Form is fun, a lot more freedom and responsibility. We have to be mature, but its easy so long as you aren't influenced by crowds. Bottling up whats inside you just doesn't help anything, and makes it worse. I had to let out my entire stock of feelings towards a boy in my year. He didn't take it badly, but wasn't best pleased. Maybe I lost a friend, but my sexuality is something I have to tame. I'm a bit more extroverted now, I suppose, and it's working well so far.

The GTA Place is something I really feel close to at the moment. Okay its only a virtual place, a few pages of junk really, but the community here is so strong it really is great to see people who've never met each other helping out, making things for each other, and being really open and honest. I really do trust Chris, more than just about anybody. Maybe it's because we have no other connections that makes it easy to talk about anything. He really helps me, and I try to help him. My advice is simple: get over it. Whatever your problem is, make an alternative, and move on. Forget about what happened in the past, forget about what you can't control. You would never forgive yourself for not making the most of any upcoming opportunity, I really have to take my A levels seriously, and just get on with them and work. Okay 2 years of hard work for a much better life.

Something I just remembered. Today I met two people from the first Private school I went to. Miles was about 3 years older than me, and a complete fanny. He used to get his ears flicked on the bus all day every day, and he didn't look like he was going anywhere. He turned up at school today, I recognised him immediately (believe me, there is no way you couldn't) and I had a chat with him. He was driving an M3, going round doing odd jobs for large companies. He was doing PR in Kuwait this Summer, and had turned up at this school looking for something new. Another ex pupil was with him, doing the same, Knokkhaw (sp?), who goes round in his tank top flexing his muscles.

I suppose that was a wake up call, I never really thought about how I WILL end up in a couple of years time. How I'd like to, yes, and how everybody wants me to, yes, but not how I will. I never expected Miles to get further than the post office myself, but he's been doing some good stuff I hear. I just hope I can bump into someone I used to go to school with, and brag my heart out for a few minutes about my achievements in life.

My name is Chris and I am 13 years old. My Mom and Dad split up in 2000. I see them both a lot every week. My Mom is a nurse at a hospital. She works nights. About half the week and my dad works days. So on the nights my mom works, my dad takes me. They live close to eachother, about 5 miles away. My Dad lives in a Duplex and my Mom lives in a house.

I HATE school. Pure and simple. I get straight A's and everything, but it is extremely boring. I could learn more watching an hour of TV than spending a day at that middle school. I suppose I hate math/algebra the most, what with the fact half the shit you learn in there nobody ever uses or cares about. Also, I had to send a letter to them requesting a pull from a Work and Family class. Ugh...I'm trading it in for a study hall. School sucks and nothing can ever change that. I get tired of pushing kids out of my way all day just to get to another boring lecture on stem-leaf plot lines or why success never comes before work. Well, anyway, it should get a little better once I get the study hall (hopefull tomorrow) so I don't have to do as much homework in my home. (I'll do about 3/4 of it at school)

A victim of Hurricane Katrina, Courtney, is in one of my classes. She'll be here until they can return to their home.

I have been using computer since the age of 3 when we had a 133 MHz Pentium Compaq with Windows 95, a 1GB hard drive, and 32mb of RAM.

The GTA Place is one of the areas where I feel like I'm in a home. Sounds a little cheeky, I know, but it's true. I love this community and will always stand by it.

That's pretty much it. Come Thanksgiving break I'll be in a better mood.

My life

My name is Steven i am 13 years old. My parents live together.My mom owns a Therepy Business and my dad was in the army and now retired and is a Jet/Airplane mechanic. I go to a Private Catholic school. For all of those who don't know what catholic is its a religion. I really don't act religious, so don't say im a goody good good or whatever. I am in the 7th Grade. Its pretty fun. I have a Girlfriend.My family consists of 4 people. Me ,my mom, my dad, and my sister who is 5 years older than me(shes 18 ;) ). And i have a dog. Hes a poodle ( :lolbounce: ) and he acts like a box of rocks.

Well this is what i have for now.

Edited by Stealth

Ill make this quick..

My name is Sherman, 13.. 14 tommorow o.O

Live with both parents in some mobile home ( I hate it : ( ) But im on a mountain.. which is awesome.

9th year or is it 10.. ( Freshman in highschool ) and it's alright

Taking english 1, environmental science, physical ed. and home economics ( sucks really bad ).

I'm straight.. not a loner :P never had a relationship though.. : /

ANYWAY, today was kind of bad. Someone I knew died, screwed my knee up and missed the tennis match : (

Yeah, it was womans tennis.. some friends of mine play on the team... they're very fine! :D

My name is Mke, Currently 16, 17 in 2 months

Anyway, I am the result of a waitress (mom) and a quarry runner person (dad, he oversaw the whole quarry). Both of them are rednecks and come from a long line of rednecks.

I grew up as the fat kid. I was very overweight as a kid and suffered alot of self esteem issues and other problems, but I was smart, very smart. I was just too lazy apply myself. I slipped through elementary school with A's mostly ( the whole time doing no work). I almost failed the 7th grade beucase I was not prepared to work. It was not until the 9th grade that I got my act in gear. Last september I decided that I needed to look into weight loss and I have lost 87 pounds since then, my goal is to have a six pack by June.

I have actually only had 2 real friends m whole life and we're more like brothers than friends. Other than that, most people wouldn't talk to me becuase I was fat <_<

My parents are still together after 21 years together and actually get along. My dad gets mad when my mom buys him stuff for his birthday and father's day; he'd rather she spend the money on herself or me ... so selfless.

I've never been in any kind of relation with anyone my whole life

hi i cant say my name but anyway im 13 i live with my mom and i got bros ugh well my dad gently caress his face left my mom when i was 9 and my mom had no cash cuz my prick head dad i dont even wanna call him dad gently caress him took it all and left i never saw him sence and i dont wanna for i know he is dead i dont realy care i any way moved a lot sence then my life was shit for about 3 years my fam lived in shit houses but now were in a nice place

and were doin good

i just finshed the 6th harry potter book so im doin ok now :coolthumbup:

and in the future me and my fam wanna buy a house and i wanna get a PSP :thumbsup:

Edited by mr_Vercetti

Hm...

Well, my name is... Ivan. Ivan Ritchie. I'm sixteen, live with my dad (parents are divorced). My sister just got into college about a month ago.

Hrm... well, for school, I'm doing okay. A's, mostly B's, and a few C's now and then. Ehh, yeah. Doesn't matter much, the only thing I'm focused on is passing the grade. I live in Plano, Texas.

The first school I went to was Gulledge, Elementary. It was fun. Can't remember much about it though, I was in it for Kindergarten through Third Grade. Then when my parents got divorced, I switched schools, and went to Skaggs, Elementary. Fourth grade sucked, had no friends and was a bit nervous. But it was cool in 5th grade, I made a lot of friends, and had some fun, although the teachers I remember sucked ass. I then went to Rice Middle School. In sixth grade I grew my hair long, and got my first girlfriend. My grades were shit at first but I was able to manage and make B's and a few A's. Seventh grade was cool, I got better grades and made new friends. I sometimes got into fights with the eighth graders... it didn't turn out too well. Eighth grade was good, and by the end of it most of my friends and my girlfriend who I was with since sixth grade all moved. Probably the longest time I've been with some someone so far. High school sucks, I hate it. I cut my hair short again in the ninth grade.

.. Um, hobbies include playing with my band, guitar, video games, watching SOME anime (although I think most of it is stupid), and skateboarding.

I don't smoke, drink, or do any kind of drugs, and I don't plan to.

Ok, I really can't think of anything else to put here... so that's it.

People's lives have been pretty fecked up. Circumstances beyond our control, and often before we were born, have set us in bad stead for life. But we have obviously all overcome most of them, or else we wouldn't be here now. We all have internet connections, come from good countries, and stable (enough) families - not full families with two loving parents and 2.4 children, but familes that are (in the most part) self-sufficient.

Okay most of us aren't rich, and we don't have everything we want, but most of us have a mobile/cellphone don't we? How many people in the world will own one of them? Not many.

So okay, things aren't perfect, but they aren't bad. We are educated, with most going onto further education, some probably going to university. We all get fed (okay maybe not the nicest food sometimes, but we can survive).

A positive outlook on life has really turned mine around in the last month. After a really bad year, accumulating in me coming out to my mother, I decided some things had to change. I look forward to what is coming up, and i've even got involved in a fair few things i would never have done before.

I am in the school rugby squad, going to every 1st XV match. I film it, and act as the mascot - stirring up the gang before they play. Okay maybe i lead you to believe I play, but I havent done that competitively for eons.

The school is getting an OFSTED inspection all next week, and i've been selected for an interview with the inspectors. No idea what that's going to be like, but it indicates they trust me not to say anything bad :P. Trust is a very delicate thing, gets broken easily, and superglue, just shoving the problems together, doesn't really do the job.

Things are looking up for me, my schoolwork's going good, i found my mobile charger, the school seem to love me, and i'm working on growing a few more pairs of hands. I'm also much more outgoing than i used to be, saying and doing things i wouldn't have dreamed of even last year. All my friends have come to terms with my sexuality, and a few adults as well. Okay my mum's never going to be exactly approachable about things like that, but at least it doesnt get mentioned anymore.

So for all you guys out there, who don't know what they're doing, who're stuck in a rut, just look up. You don't have to smile, you don't have to swot, you just have to stick with the system, and live a little. People don't give a damn about you, thats what you've got to realise, nobody cares if you make an ass of yourself, more people will respect you for being able to do so in fact. Thats what i found, and I'm feeling great - just waiting for my 500th post now.

Well, today I was going to ask a girl ( very lovley I might add ) to homecoming ( look it up if you don't know what it is )

I mean, the day was perfect, didnt have to do ANYTHING in physical ed, looked good and all that shit.. so I look around all day for her, and it turned out she wasnt there! : (

Today was shitty.

Poor Sky. Maybe she'll be there Monday?

I like lusting after girls I know nothing about based purely on how they look. :D

Like this girl.

Nicole's MySpace

I met her at some guys house. A bunch of people decided to go over there, so we all went. She didn't like me taking her picture, so I kept taking her picture.

People's lives have been pretty fecked up. Circumstances beyond our control, and often before we were born, have set us in bad stead for life. But we have obviously all overcome most of them, or else we wouldn't be here now. We all have internet connections, come from good countries, and stable (enough) families - not full families with two loving parents and 2.4 children, but familes that are (in the most part) self-sufficient.

Okay most of us aren't rich, and we don't have everything we want, but most of us have a mobile/cellphone don't we? How many people in the world will own one of them? Not many.

So okay, things aren't perfect, but they aren't bad. We are educated, with most going onto further education, some probably going to university. We all get fed (okay maybe not the nicest food sometimes, but we can survive).

A positive outlook on life has really turned mine around in the last month. After a really bad year, accumulating in me coming out to my mother, I decided some things had to change. I look forward to what is coming up, and i've even got involved in a fair few things i would never have done before.

I am in the school rugby squad, going to every 1st XV match. I film it, and act as the mascot - stirring up the gang before they play. Okay maybe i lead you to believe I play, but I havent done that competitively for eons.

The school is getting an OFSTED inspection all next week, and i've been selected for an interview with the inspectors. No idea what that's going to be like, but it indicates they trust me not to say anything bad :P. Trust is a very delicate thing, gets broken easily, and superglue, just shoving the problems together, doesn't really do the job.

Things are looking up for me, my schoolwork's going good, i found my mobile charger, the school seem to love me, and i'm working on growing a few more pairs of hands. I'm also much more outgoing than i used to be, saying and doing things i wouldn't have dreamed of even last year. All my friends have come to terms with my sexuality, and a few adults as well. Okay my mum's never going to be exactly approachable about things like that, but at least it doesnt get mentioned anymore.

So for all you guys out there, who don't know what they're doing, who're stuck in a rut, just look up. You don't have to smile, you don't have to swot, you just have to stick with the system, and live a little. People don't give a damn about you, thats what you've got to realise, nobody cares if you make an ass of yourself, more people will respect you for being able to do so in fact. Thats what i found, and I'm feeling great - just waiting for my 500th post now.

You just made my day. No no, My life. *Hug*

Well, it turns out she is already going with someone to homecoming : (

Oh well.. I still have a few years to date her ( or not (

Unless she moves or something. OH WELL

Point: Today sucked, again.

k I feel sorry for you sky. Darn girls geshh can't understand most of them sometimes.

And my life pretty much always sucks because I don't pay attention in school and that is why I almost fail >.<

I haven't done this..

I am Cam. 13 years old. I grew up in Pennsylvania, and still living there. My dad left my mom at age 5 but meh, they are accutally friends n shitz. Ahh, I grew up with my mom, sister, and grandma. I started sports at 7. Baseball and Football. My grandma was my biggest supporter in sports. I never gave up thanks to her. My mom has been my biggest supporter in school. She is a principal so I best do good. I guess you could say I'm popular as I hang out with the popular group. I have had a good life so far. I did lose my biggest supporter this year which was my grandma. She died of cancer of the liver. I do know that she would be so mad if I gave up on sports. I play defensive end and right gaurd in football. I pitch and play shortstop in baseball. I normally hang out with friends with my free time and come on the internet. I am currently in 7th grade and I'm getting straight A's.

Yeah, thats about it.

I haven't done this..

I am Cam.  13 years old.  I grew up in Pennsylvania, and still living there.  My dad left my mom at age 5 but meh, they are accutally friends n shitz.  Ahh, I grew up with my mom, sister, and grandma.  I started sports at 7.  Baseball and Football.  My grandma was my biggest supporter in sports.  I never gave up thanks to her.  My mom has been my biggest supporter in school.  She is a principal so I best do good.  I guess you could say I'm popular as I hang out with the popular group.  I have had a good life so far.    I did lose my biggest supporter this year which was my grandma.  She died of cancer of the liver.  I do know that she would be so mad if I gave up on sports.  I play defensive end and right gaurd in football.  I pitch and play shortstop in baseball.  I normally hang out with friends with my free time and come on the internet.  I am currently in 7th grade and I'm getting straight A's. 

Yeah, thats about it.

Wow you've got a good life, well so have I, but im gonna remain Mr Mysterious until i can be bothered posting mine