Your GTA4 location ideas

nickchico

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they should make the next GTa in tha Bay AreA!!!! nor cal baby!

that'l be sicc even tho they did put SF in SA it wasnt how we really live...it woulda been better if there were ppl at night doin sideshows nd all of the other stuff THA BAY DOES yadida?

um idiot? um child? don't post if your spelling sucks. Did you know that man invented the dictionary or you know their is a such of a thing called a search engine where you can search the words that you can't spell.

And omg spaz English Grammer for Dummies LOL

• 3 weeks later...
why is everybody thinking that the next gta will be in a real place? gta 3 wasnt, vice city wasnt, san andreas wasnt so why would the next one be in a real place? :angry: but if it was set in a real place (which is very unlike rockstar) i would like london

GTA III, VC & SA are real places, they just have another names, but the locations are the same.

GTA2 and GTA weren't real places, however.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Rockstar should set the next GTA in Europe, and if the rumour of 6 cities is true then I think the game should include a state/county from each of England, France, and Italy. Each state/county would include 2 cities. The English county would have 2 cities each based on London and Manchester, even though I'm from Newcastle and would love to see somewhere based on the place, I still don't think it would happen. Anyways, the French county would include 2 cities each based on Paris and Monte Carlo. And finally the Italian county would have 2 cities each based on Venice and Rome.

I think Rockstar should set the next GTA in Europe, and if the rumour of 6 cities is true then I think the game should include a state/county from each of England, France, and Italy. Each state/county would include 2 cities. The English county would have 2 cities each based on London and Manchester, even though I'm from Newcastle and would love to see somewhere based on the place, I still don't think it would happen. Anyways, the French county would include 2 cities each based on Paris and Monte Carlo. And finally the Italian county would have 2 cities each based on Venice and Rome.

Get a google earth before you post something like that.

1. France, UK and Italy are not connected, so there should be somthing between France and Italy.

2. Monte Carlo is in Monaco, not France.

3. It's very possible that GTA4 will be set up in only one country, not a few.

4. Distance between those cities is more than 1000 km. Closer to 1550 km I think. What would be between them? How long would it take to make a map covering half a Europe?

Edited by Slayer

We all know Rockstar don't produce scale models of their locations, but they show all they need to in the space. I would appreciate loads more open space, and a big distance between two cities (which could be speeded up by rail or air travel, or bypassed in a taxi) would be great. France has some great scenery, so having miles and miles of this landscape, littered with villages and hamlets would be great fun.

We have no idea whether GTA4 is going to use an existing or a made-up city, but if it is real, picking and choosing them, regardless of their exact geographical location is probably whats going to happen. And slayer, I don't recall Las Vegas, LA and San Francisco being in the same state, do you? But they were ingame. Perhaps some cities could be picked and put in a corresponding quarter of the map. There were three well-defined sections of San Andreas, so I think we can expect there to be similar differences in GTA4.

In short, there is every possibility there will be recreated cities that aren't next to each other in real life, separated by different expanses of landscape and countryside. Loads of limestone scenery, with screes and potholes and streams would be great. I hope they develop the technology for having water flow downhill rather than stay at sea level all the time. I smell kayaking :D

We have no idea whether GTA4 is going to use an existing or a made-up city, but if it is real, picking and choosing them, regardless of their exact geographical location is probably whats going to happen. And slayer, I don't recall Las Vegas, LA and San Francisco being in the same state, do you? But they were ingame. Perhaps some cities could be picked and put in a corresponding quarter of the map. There were three well-defined sections of San Andreas, so I think we can expect there to be similar differences in GTA4.

Yeah, I know they aren't in the same state, but the idea of having Rome, Venice, Paris, London, Manchester and Monte Carlo is a bit too enthusiastic for me.

(TO SLAYER) I know that England isnt connected to France and Italy, THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE THE FRIKKIN CHANNEL TUNNEL, and I also know that Monte Carlo is in monaco (I did actually take geography for GCSE), I meant that there should be 2 FRENCH cities and not 2 cities in France, and if they cant use different cities from different European countries, then what 6 cities from England are they gonna use? because even though there are many to choose from they are all very similar. The reason I chose London, Manchester, Paris, Monte Carlo, Rome and Venice, is because they all have their own famous identities.

London is famous for the houses of parliament, the royal family, traffic congestion, the cockney firms, and the football hooligans.

Manchester is popluar for the nightlife and the architecture.

Paris because it is the capital of France.

Monte Carlo because of the glamour, the sports cars, the yaught infested marinas, similar to miami (vice city).

Rome because of the old roman scenary (Vatican city), aswell as being linked with the mafia

Venice because of the canals (think tomb raider).

One place I have not seen mentioned is a colorado area, i'm not going to say "GTA Colorado" because lately rockstar made creative names liberty, vice, etc... but if they wanted to utilize the PS3/ 360 like alan wake with more defined mountains, plains, rivers... etc... of course set on an island like all the other maps, they could do a number with the mid north of the US

(TO SLAYER)

I agree with bazz in that there should be six cities with euro cities. And I understood what he meant by having different islands for these cities, but in my opinion there should be 6 cities with 6 different national influences. That would take a lot of work and a lot of time to do which is probably far fetched, but that's what i believe.

(AND TO THE PEOPLE WHO WANT GTA 4 IN THE STATES)

Rockstar basically used up all the themes of the US. If you can tell me a theme that they haven't covered yet, and i mean a theme that is worth basing a brand new engine on, then I'm totally wrong i guess.. but the things they covered in the trilogy: Northeast(Liberty City), Southeast(Vice City), and West Coast/Desert(San Andreas)... all of which were set in different decades. One could argue that they's covered london in a game before, but they brought back GTA 3 with liberty city so it would be likely that rockstar might bring back GTA london in a new style and one that would bring much satisfaction to everyone. I would see GTA being set in any other country than britain and autstralia because of the language barrier... you would see many french, german, or russians speaking english in a total european game.

PS: I predict that it's set in a 1970's western european(most likely england) setting and ken rosenberg makes a return.

• 1 month later...

Dave Yak:

I agree that all the areas accept for one have been covered, generally, in terms of look and feel. That one is New Orleans. This is a little controversial (you know why) but I had that thought before the tragedy. The big easy!! Lots of corruption, crime, partying as well as great music. There is the element of ghettos as well as rich plantation areas. It would also have a similar overall feel to Vice City. It may be too small, but you could combine it in a triangle with say, Nashville (also music and nightlife) and Atlanta (big south city), 2 really cool cities. In other words, the south hasn't been covered yet...I think this would be cool and I'm from Philly which is the polar opposite! Which brings me to another idea: New York, Philadelphia, Washington, and maybe throw Baltimore in there instead of the woods or desert (I liked these, don't get me wrong) from SA. I also think a theme of city sports rivalries would be really cool.

As good as dartmoor and plymouth could be, Devon just doesn't have the cities needed for a good GTA game. There is no reason why Rockstar would choose Devon over thousands of other places they could pick.

Bet you live there, right? I'm from near York, and I just can't see the level of crime needed for a GTA game fitting in around here.

rather than have it linear, why not expand on the airport thing and have it set all over eaurope and american, ie paris (gangland and nightclubs and me sitting in a cafe playing with lighters) london, venice, vienna, san an (as per usual) and new york

would be better

Placebo kid, supplier of papercuts and sugarpills

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it will take place in both Texas (or southern USA) and Mexico. In Texas there will be 2 or 3 cities, and in Mexico there will be 3 decent sized cities and an enormous one. Yes - Mexico City, the biggest city in the world. It has to be at least as big as the whole San Andreas. A greater distance between the cities. Deserts, forests, endless straight roads, etc. The game will be 3 or 4 times larger than GTA: San Andreas. I think that's possibe. (SA was about 4 or 5 times bigger tha Vice City)

So what you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...