#1 nickchico

nickchico

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:37 AM

Hey,
Submit your ideas for the GTA4 location and we'll see which locations are the most popular and eventually find out if any of us were right!

#2 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

um...ok

The United Republic: (A nation)
Liberty City
London
Paris
San Andreas
Vice City
Toronto
Tokyo
Brazil
5 other random cities from the world
appropriate contryside
arctic tundra

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#3 barfy

barfy

Riff-Raff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:16 AM

i think it will be sett in or around germany/ sweeden or in russia

#4 Andrew91

Andrew91

Incogninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:38 AM

I think it would be kind of cool, if it was another state. And the states capital would be Liberty City

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 barfy

barfy

Riff-Raff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

but if you think about it as the game progresses and gets more advanced they make the game bigger and better so it should be bigger then a state because they like to chalange them self by trying to make big impressive games that have totaly unexpected twists and turns in the story line so it only makes sence that it will be a coupple of states or like the hole of america for example where they could do alot with it like the east cost west cost gang war for example

#6 Steven

Steven

E-1337

• Elite Members
  • 581 posts
  • United States 

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:38 AM

it would be awesome if it could be in Houston

Posted Image

#7 smartboy4

smartboy4

Right-Hand Man

• Elite Members
  • 981 posts
  • Singapore 

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:58 PM

Anybody would think of Singapore :P

I lost my sig picture (2004)

#8 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:25 PM

What they need to do is make the entire u.s. as a whole and you can go anywhere. Make every state and major city and put them all together.

#9 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

@ Rosenberg, how long do you think that would take, to make the entire United States into a game, including every state and city. SA only had 3 cities, in a very small state. There are 50 states and god knows how many cities in the USA, so the game would have to be a few hundred times larger. Plus the new features, a mega storyline, missions, and many new vehicles. That would take hundreds of times longer than SA to complete for the same size team. San Andreas took 2 years, an entire US game would take 300 years by current standards. Don't think thats gonna happen.

Okay it will be exponentially larger probably, but not that size. Definitely no more than 10 small cities, or 5 larger ones. The difference with SA is that a "city" counts as the surrounding countryside and nearby towns and villages, and things were stretched out more. GTA4 may have very different areas, just like SA but on a bigger scale.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#10 Fugitive

Fugitive

TMS Stunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:01 AM

Tokio :D

#11 Fugitive

Fugitive

TMS Stunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:02 AM

Bucharest/Romania....here I live

#12 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

It would still be cool

#13 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

well...speaking in more realistic terms it would be cool once they have made all the places and games they'll ever make to then at the end merge them all into one game where you could like pick your character and have free roam of all the cities and states

#14 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

Yea i agree there, having all the GTA cities merged at the end, or after a few more cities, would be great. You see all these people still wanting to play VC and GTAIII because its maybe a better city, or more familiar, or just a change from SA. You see the GTA LVS team putting all the GTAIII series cities into SA, to gain free roam and its improved features. If we had a few more cities, maybe ten more i don't know, and Rockstar put them all into one game, maybe as an expansion pack for one of the games, the price of a new normal game, then they would still earn on what they would be giving for free. Okay it would be a big-ass game, but it would be a kick-ass game.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#15 the_one

the_one

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Estonia 

Posted 03 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

London, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Italy or India

#16 tyler

tyler

I'm NOT better than you!!!

• Banned
  • 232 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

country wide. the united states only smaller of course

#17 Taime

Taime

Riff-Raff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

NOT MEXICO asia might be good with all those busy streets and loads of people plus it could include mad buddist monks like the first GTA they were fun to run down in one go
Posted Image

#18 Morris

Morris

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:02 AM

They should make the game set in Japan. They should include five Japanese cities, consisting of:
-Tokyo
-Yokohama
-Osaka
-Nagoya
-Sapporo

Also, maybe they could include a load of islands that have small towns on them. The islands would be either conected by bridges or ferries.

I would like to see Asia as a definate spot to put the next Grand Theft Auto. Maybe one day they could make a game set in all of Asia/Europe. Of course they wouldn't have every city, and it wouldn't be as big as it reall is, but it could be done. If they did this, the cities they should definatly include are:
-London
-Paris
-Rome
-Moscow
-Hong Kong
-Tokyo

They should also include things like the huge mountain ranges in Nepal, the Alps, the deserts in the Middle East, the jungles in Vietnam, the ocean, and loads of small towns scattered thoughout the entire continent. If they were to do this, then they should call the game Grand Theft Auto: Eurasia.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 C.O.D

C.O.D

SFM Right-Hand

• Elite Members
  • 858 posts
  • Indonesia 

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:21 AM

I would like to see New York like in GTAIII, but with larger and more details in it.

Posted Image

#20 Airashii

Airashii

AR Fanboy Pride!

• Elite Members
  • 2,088 posts
  •    England 

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:57 PM

I'm seconding Morris on this one.

---

Welcome to the forums mate.
Posted Image