Update: This patch actually causes loads of problems with various tools for San Andreas. I installed the patch to see what had been fixed and was alerted by the "gta_sa.exe has encountered an error" box, turns out all programs that somehow use the .exe no longer work, this includes the directx hook, coordinates display and even SAAC for those of you who use a joypad to play the game, probably many others no longer work but I haven't tested much else. I now have to re-install the game and suffer with numerous bugs still. Just thought I'd give everyone else who couldn't care less about the Hot Coffee a heads up on this.
Rockstar Games have released a patch updating San Andreas to version 1.01.
The patch contains many much needed bug fixes and at the same time renders Hot Coffee mod obsolete.
Let's face it it, the Hot Coffee mod was rather over-rated. It was childish and unrealistic, so unless you're a pervert then I would urge you to get this patch solely for the bug fixes. Then again if your game doesn't suffer from any bugs you don't really need to get it. If your problem is that you can't see the dry humping anymore then you need more than a patch to sort out your problems anyway.
Check out Rockstar's official No More Hot Coffee patch website for more information and links to the downloads. We've added the patch to our downloads database, There's a seperate file for North American, European/Australian and German versions.
The readme for the patch says the following bugs are fixed:
The patch has in fact been around for a few days but Rockstar have only posted the news on their website, so not many people know about it yet.
- Issue fixed on machines where the OS has been updated (one OS installed over top of another) and has 2 registry keys that point to the users "My Documents" folder (we incorrectly used to assume the Win2000 folder, now correctly uses the last installed OS folder) - users know this as "user account period bug".
- Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit. At this resolution it is likely you will see the "Black Roads" LOD problem). We do NOT however disallow machines with 32 meg of video ram from running GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.
- Crash when entering advanced display options on a dual monitor machine after :- starting game on primary monitor in maximum resolution, exiting, starting again in maximum resolution on secondary monitor. Secondary monitor maximum resolution had to be greater than maximum resolution of primary monitor.
- Destroyed cars now are correct colour.
- Dirty cars now able to get clean.
- Numpad 5 key is now mappable when re-defining controls.
- Issue on all machines where certain collisions caused parts of the audio system to crash (sound effects, cutscene audio - only radio keeps going) - users know this as "Rain / Thunderstorm bug".
- Improvements to DVD streaming.
- Audio problems in interior / exterior transitions and getting in / out of cars fixed.
- Some fixes to ensure reverb is not present at certain save points.
- Improvements to dance game timings.
- Crash occuring when using "user radio files" while the frame limiter is disabled.
Links: Rockstar Games, No More Hot Coffee
Thanks to Chris from GTAProjects for bringing this to my attention.