How to install a car mod

Gerard

ok can someone plzzzz help me? i cant mod cars. heres my problem.

1. i open up img tool 2.0

2. i open gta3.img

3. (i want to replace the bus with a school bus) i click bus.txd and rename it

4.i rename it bus.txd.bok

5.i click replace with the school bus

6. IT SAYS FILE IS TO BIG TO REPLACE! someone plzzzz help me!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hotrodmerc84 -

If you're still watching this thread, are the Crown Vic you're trying to install service or civilian models? I know the police

car has coplights that are turned on & off, this could be the problem w/ replacing copcar. You may have a similar issue w/

taxis so make sure your replacing them w/ cars made to work as such. The Haitian Voodoo has the same problem because

of hydraulics.

look for - Ford LTD Crown Victoria Interceptor LAPD '85 by Pumbars, looks & works great. Also makes some really sweet

taxis.

Hope it helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my games used towork perfect b4 i did this now wen i start the game and its almost finish loading this pops upuntitledzw8.pngWhat should i do
Yes, lol i always have this box:untitledzw8.pngExacly the same code, too, but it makes a ding dosent it, i dont know, its just a PAIN IN THE ARSE!! lol
The Best Way To Sort This Out Is To Reinstallyou Game Or Remove The Mods In You Game And Add Them One By One Untill You Find Out Witch One Crashes The Game It Just You Installed A Mod Wrong Edited by gtastreet321

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea im new to this modding game hell i barely got the game yesterday but anyways ive followed ALL the steps - 1 replaced both files with the IMG 1.3 - 2 Changed handling/colors/defualt

the game freezes up i guess when the game is going to load the car. i tried to mod the stallion with a 351 boss mustang but it just froze up so i re installed the default files and now the game comes up with the mod even though i set it back to the default handling/colors/default with shitty ass physics and now i tried to install the trueno instead of the blista compact and the same crap keeps happening but i left the mod on this time

NEED HELP =l

• 1 month later...

The best way of installing a new car is by using VCMM. I use it myself and every car I've tried to install, it's worked. Replacing .dff files I would say is the harder way, I've attempted it but haven't succeeded. I'm pretty sure once you know how to replace the .dff files it would be easy but I haven't got the foggiest so I tend to stick with VCMM.

Whats that got to do with anything? Yes VCMM is easier but most car mods don't come in VCMM format, so you have to do it manually whether you like it or not.

So i can to turn a already existing car into another existing car? EG Tank into Sabre turbo with tank properties.. ? replacing both .dff and .txd?

Yes. There are a couple of ways you can do this.

If you copy the Rhino's DFF and TXDs and Handling line and Collision files (the tank) and put them in as the Sabre Turbo - making sure you replace the Sabre Turbo and not just add it on top, then the Sabre Turbo would appear as the tank. Although it would still say "Sabre Turbo" unless you changed the language file, and it would still sound like a Sabre Turbo when you drive it unless you changed the audio files.

If you just copied the DFF and TXDs it would take the shape of the tank, but there would be a few things wrong. For example, it might be too high or too low off the ground, it might have the wrong wheels, it would still drive like the sabre turbo, and if you crashed into something it still thinks theres a Sabre Turbo there, so your footprint (shadow on the ground, and the physical area that you can crash into) is the shape of a sabre.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i tryed to install the demagic wheel mod useing vcmm i did everything coorectly and when i go ingame it crashes game when it loads so the demagic wheel mod must be fucked up cause i installed it right and the the only other option that you said is that its fucked up so no one can install car mods but it worked before for me why wont it work now

i tryed to install the demagic wheel mod useing vcmm i did everything coorectly and when i go ingame it crashes game when it loads so the demagic wheel mod must be fucked up cause i installed it right and the the only other option that you said is that its fucked up so no one can install car mods but it worked before for me why wont it work now

worked with autoinstaller?

• 1 month later...

I can't import car's to gta vice city! :'( :cry: When i try to delete a file in tge gta3.img its says soething like this: dir file in use try to exit...

I think it have something about windows vista.

Can someone please help me with my problem?

PS. exeause my spelling, a'm from swe :D den

• 4 months later...

Lols i cnt install vcm coz mine is nort installed by disc

and i tried manually but i cnt seem to save it...only can change to read only and there will be 2

default files>< ani1 helppp ??? pls xD

Lols i cnt install vcm coz mine is nort installed by disc

and i tried manually but i cnt seem to save it...only can change to read only and there will be 2

default files>< ani1 helppp ??? pls xD

• 1 month later...
hi there here a question i have the same problem but i backed up my files so i can restore the hehe well anyhoo the problem is when install bike modles for vc ans sa the game ca't handle them i tried manual and the vcmm and the sa mod installer any suggestion?

cause it really sucks that i can't use the nice bike modles i have ...

Hey,

Can u upload ur backup files...i've lost mine...& i dont want to reinstall if this can solve it