TheGTAPlace stunt collabration!

Do you wanna make a video?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna make a video?

• Yes
    • No

Lets get someone from this site to do it.

And I dont want a regestered version of fraps, it will cost me money i dont have a dollar. The replay words is ok, i just need someone to put a "TVG" on my stunts.

No, what he means you don't have to pay anything. No, but what we can do is what all stunting crews do (but we can do it without being a crew, of course), and that is to send all the .rep files to the person editing and then he/she will record the stunts on his or hers computer under optimal settings. That way we get much much better quality of the video. Of course the person editing will apply all skins and such. .rep files ar much begtter to send too couse they're nowhere near as big as a video file. If everyone's gonna send 10Mb files to ONE guy it will take ages to get it done.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how do i save them?

Do i just move it to another folder so that it wont get overrighted?

EDIT: what do you mean it is free to register fraps? I just tried and they are asking for paypal.

Yeah, you have to move them. Look here (the section about replays).

Yeah, but he's version is already registrated. Just let him send it to you ;)

I could do the editing if you would like? Im pretty good at it, and I dont use FRAPS to record it, I find a different program easier. for the mean time, we could simply use replay files as the source, and I could record it using this program, and edit them. There is a replay file handler that automatically changes the filename, I think its called SARA (san andreas Replay... something) you may find it at gtagaming, or even here. Im not sure though. Anyway, If you're happy with me editing the video, please say here, so we could get this started ASAP. If you would like a sample of my editing, just send your replay files to [email protected], and I will edit what people send. hope you will be impressed

I use a program called GameCam. its pretty good. I use a variety of editing programs, depending on what type of video I want. But I use Power Director PRO, and funnily enough, though I hate to say it, I often use Windows movie maker. Im currently in the process of buying some new software, but it wont take long before I find some. By the way, I am currently Uploading the sample Stunt Movie I made to PUTfile, so bear with me. Ill post the link to my GTA stunt video here!

If you cant wait, heres the link to a video I edited of my mate being an idiot. LOL Death Dolls

You can also remove or edit the replay words using a simple gxt editor. My site should have a free unlimited size unlimited bandwidth area where you can upload your stunts and stuff. Allowed file names include most movie, picture and compression formats.

I use a program called GameCam. its pretty good. I use a variety of editing programs, depending on what type of video I want. But I use Power Director PRO, and funnily enough, though I hate to say it, I often use Windows movie maker. Im currently in the process of buying some new software, but it wont take long before I find some. By the way, I am currently Uploading the sample Stunt Movie I made to PUTfile, so bear with me. Ill post the link to my GTA stunt video here!

If you cant wait, heres the link to a video I edited of my mate being an idiot. LOL Death Dolls

Yeah, I thought so. I'm not trying to be rude, but GameCam sucks! Havce you ever treid Fraps? Oh, and I've never treid Power Director PRO, and I'm sure it's good so if your going to edit the video use ONLY that program. never ever use WMM, it sucks, no matter what your going to do any other editing program is better! I use Vegas 6.0 which is very good.

I'm sorry, if I am rude, but I am the official stunter of the site, and if we're going to make a communtiy video, it HAS TO be very very very GOOD. If we're going to compete with the top notch, EVERYTHING HAS TO be very very very GOOD! Infact it has to be very very very GREAT!

What I saw from that video you linked to. It was cool, but the text f.ex was nothing but ordinary WMM text effect.

Edited by Ghostchild

I realise that. That is why im going to edit this video to the best of my ability. And if I cant do the first video, then I will be happy if you want to hand the editing over to somebody else. The sample video is a QUICK preview, it took me about 10 mins to get the footage, and only 2 to edit it. just think of what I can do when I take my time!

I used FRAPS to start with, but it was all jumpy on my computer, I then found GameCam, and I find that it is the best I have seen, I have about 4 different Programs, and it is the best one!

yes, that stupid video of my friend was the first I made, so.... what do you expect.

For the Stunt video however, someone could simply make an animation file for the credits, the nametags (introducing each stunter) etc. Very simple to compile them together.

Edited by DeathTheftAuto

I also have a version of fraps some guy sent to me.

Ghostchild is our official stunter, so i agree with Chris in making him the leader (with TVG)

THere's only a few stunters here so the vid will probably be fairly short, and someone with a professional version of Vegas can edit or DTA can. (whoeverhasaregisteredcopyofvegascanihaveit?)

If the decision of who's editing still hasn't been made, I volunteer.

BTW if this is going to be successful everyone will need to save their stunts as replays, sending fraps recordings would take forever and sending clips that you have rendered from fraps recordings can cause a lot of quality loss due to the second render. If you don't know how to save a replay, F1 is to watch an unsaved replay (current replay), F2 is to save a replay and F3 is to watch a saved replay, keep in mind that you can only save one replay, so after you have saved it you will have to go to your vice city user files directory (located in my documents) and rename the file called "replay.rep" to something different, if you don't, next time you save a replay it will overwrite replay.rep.

I'll probably submit a couple of stunts for this, regardless of who is editing.

Edited by ZeroX

What if your replays are really, really long, and have a few successful outcomes (MEMEMEMEME!) Oh My Gawd, ZeroX is in the thingymajigy! (he rules)

How would i save replays in San Andreas?

Edited by Akuma