the nexy gta

mich3l

I think that image is a pretty good goal for gta4. If they aimed to achieve those effects, the game quality would be massively improved. The lighting effects are hard to achieve accurately, with the GTAIII engine just brightening the current colours, maybe multiple textures per building would be a possibility, taking into acount the relative position of the streetlights, and maybe the position of the sun.

I do like the glow effect of the streetlamps. Coupled with heat-haze, chimney smoke, exhaust fumes and tyre smoke, some good effects could be achieved.

One other thing i think would be cool, is if people went do different places depending on what they wanted or needed. Imagine if you created a disturbance, with a firearm, the peds could run and hide behind the nearest bush or wall, or even car. If you shot someone, they would get in the ambulance that came, and that ambulance would drive to the nearest hospital, rather than just driving round randomly. Also if when people drive home, they could put their car in the garage...

Maybe, to add to realism and remove bias, if you get a warning level, police cars should come from the police station or ones already on patrol, rather than being spawned just round the corner. Same goes for ambulances, FBI, fire trucks, and Army vehicles.

Maybe trees could grow and die, maybe buildings could be regularly replaced, redecorated or maintained.