More, more more...of a Good Thing

BlackListedB

Grand Theft Auto 5 online updated this Tuesday without fanfare from this site, I've been Absent off playing with tech toys BTW, but Chris and the Mods here MUST be slippin'

The landing page Updated with Rockstar New News is lagging seriously behind Rockstar's own Newswire.

I get a text from Trip Mills saying that Red Dead Redemption is delayed until next year, Why am I not surprised?? Well, it seems Rockstar do bite off more then they can chew, but video gaming as a whole is better off for it. Just saying Trip was pretty upset. 

Imagine the work needed for fleshing out just the AI and landscape, add in the story and characters, dialog... sans much music compared to GTA! You have 3 years of development on average, more then a lot of other studio's games.

Not by much though, with today's gaming horsepower. While I'm on about RDR2 as an aside, the delay could mean more tayloring for the forthcoming Scorpio Xbox system

GTAOnline had a massive update for ...as it seems, only PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Leaving out the older console versions, this is sad, but I think it's the step toward future fulfillment of the system tech heavy requirements to keep adding and fleshing out detail. Again though, online mode seems ever increasingly over-crowded compared to the bare-bones single player side of things. I was and am, always hoping they'll add in some offline extras in the mean-time. I believe GTAOnline does serve not only as promo add in life for the franchise's last gen offering, but also a way for developers at Rockstar to embellish with programming in real time, and hopefully that aids all the games going forward

'