Red Dead Redemption 2, now official!

BlackListedB

Yeah, it's been a week of crazy speculation and a map that leaked for RDR2 cited as coming out in April thereabouts.

I saw one leaked image and in the trailer, the same location appears shown, so I had little doubt it was to be an RDR successor, but why call it RDR2. when it's in actuality part of the lineage began with Red Dead Revolver?

No matter, it's closest relations will be RDR (1) and GTA4 and 5, I say GTA 5 in particular because Rockstar's gaming engine developed for GTA4 as I recall it, RAGE... Has basically become the fruits of labor for Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar North sharing what works from the separate projects to master the coding and design needed for all Rockstar's digital playgrounds.

The Digital Sandbox and third person perspective continue... I believe most advances one can expect will be present, like swimming, boating to a greater extent, and more interacting with animals and peds. Also I wager there MAY be a chance we can switch in and out of more then one or two characters as GTA5 permits. The idea works rather flawlessly, and it broke new ground for Rockstar and video gaming in general. 

So looking forward to NEXT Christmas.... This year's will be just another one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There's been plenty of debate about Rockstar losing perspective on their own software lineage, it's one thing for a fan to forget the original game that got the ball rolling, but Rockstar should be proud of the fact, they attempting something fresh that wasn't being done in videogaming often. A Western interactive historical dramedy

haha

Also, the fact that since the PS3, and exclusive title we hoped might only be delayed a year was shelved for God knows how long, the suggested idea being a game of covert espionage or Cold War Spy game theme, perhaps a noire like James Bond set in the mid to late 70s, I forget the title proposed for that at the moment, but it was to be more or less exclusive to the PS3's Cell processor hardware, and now the MS Scorpio looks to bring about a platform sharing gaming divide again