Multi-branch story telling Modern Gaming

BlackListedB

One of the little known aspects talked about is branching dialog and then story telling by way of multi-protagonist GTA V, Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV both benefit from new dialog introduction if you fail missions and attempt them again, and furthering game methods by allowing various tactics to accomplish the same goal, completing said mission.

One of the things we've seen in Rockstar is fewer mentions of followups and my take has been that as the tech allows, vastly more developed gaming playfields and Artificial Tech to drive both the cutscene storytelling and user interaction, it could in fact be daunting to the programmers themselves. I think this is one driving factor for Les Benzies stepping down at Rockstar.

He served about 16 years with them, I had also worked 16 years with one company until the recession, I would have continuing feeling pretty comfortable in that situation at that point, but factors mandated change.

The company I worked for still lies dormant to this day, no one bought it and renovated the property as in repurpose it as had been proposed to City Council.

Just some back story unrelated to gaming, but it shows as well the times we're in are also a factor as to how other companies are navigating business based on US Economy or other.

I think the challange the Housers took on from DMA at the outset was a bold one, but what's instore at this point is hard to get a idea for. Games I see adverts on TV for still look like old school comic book graphics embellished for the big-screen at home. Up-rezzed for HD and UltraHD. 

Doom is a good example of that, and how a first-person-shooter STILL looks and acts like the original premise. Games aren't so much reinventing the modern era (of 3D evolved 10 years or earlier. It was mentioned in the Jacked biography of Rockstar that at the time of GTA2 thereabouts, the evolving 3D game bar was being set by Lara Croft.