Pay to Play personal story

BlackListedB

Not really a general comment on this game or Rockstar, but I have to inform anyone interested....

I had a family matter detaining me from online and dealing with Paypal's dissolution of marriage from eBay

Not only was THAT an issue, but add also the untimely switch over from scratch cards for Moneypak (Greendot) allowing easy money conversion to Paypal account online billing. I finally got things more organized but just as easily could have had serious problems because Paypal's ownership for working out direct issues with it's customers and it's organization is a shambles if you ask me, they like a lot of companies want everything automated online without human hands on crisis management. While computers are good because they don't need real sleep or food to live ...ie, function, there's simply no substitute for humans interfacing directly.

That said the email help I got was greatly effective, and changing to a text capable Smartphone (with less minutes but 'unlimited data'?!?) allows more automation on that end.

I was delayed paying for Xbox Live and as such, GTAOnline service for two months!!

I got on the horn with Paypal and told them to make sure my bank to PP balance addition be used to pay those two months, and after two business days the deed was done, 

No penalty as I was half expecting but hoping not to see...

Good news there.

I have to say, tying your bank account to Paypal has a side benefit, no more fees to transfer cash as is the case with Moneypak cards. Those switched to Visa/Mastercard Debit by the way,  The scratch off numbers on the cards were deemed compromised by way of fraud techniques that would target gullible people Typically the older set who are less tech savvy. I personally think this requires user diligence over far reaching policy changes like abandoning scratch off cards, I think people just being aware of scams and what to expect in those cases could avoid being taken to the cleaners in the first place.