Viceman Cometh... Tommy Cya again?

Tommy Vercetti most famously voiced by Ray Liotta left me thinking like a lot of fans to Rockstar's decision for famous voice acting AND real musical artist licensing to breath a giant breath of fresh air into the GTA franchise, but like many of you, it's not only interactive video gaming entertainment that moves me, it's also music and film. I was already a slight or casual fan of Ray Liotta's intense characterizations, but like a few actors, he's not the only or first to do something and then move on, never to take a personal moment to look back on their work, some are even made very uncomfortable by watching themselves in such a manner, however, with a cartoon or animated film, or as in this case, a game is much the same case where only your voice and it's myriad of inflection influence the character as such.

http://www.gtagaming.com/news/comments.php?i=1777

I'm posting this blast from the past to express that I still hope the test of time for video games and the body of work might coax a retro-active response from Ray Liotta and others about their work, and get a chance to look back on the impact.

Let's keep hope alive. 

I'm all for actors and artists getting revered for their life in the arts, Lifetime achievement awards and anything similar, preferably of course.... BEFORE they pass on. That way they can share in the celebration. David Letterman's talk show host career ending was much like this type of event, though may never happen for someone like Ray who's something of a character actor, he has been cast as the leading role plenty of times, and I like to think GTA; VICE CITY is in that caliber exactly!