Where's Win9 (x? haha) - Windows 10 preview this month!?

BlackListedB

According to a tech article I came across, on the 21st of this month, thereabouts, Microsoft is expected to showcase some new OS features for Windows 10.

What I think about this news is that if Windows 9 will still succeed Win8, it's likely going to be less mobile multi-platform, whereas, it looks like Windows 10 will again be for mobile uses with Metro desktop GUI and a new browser that's more aimed at 'lite' mobile use, as Opera and other mini (Android) OS like browsers (PS3's I think as an example) can be used in SMART TVs and the like

Edited by BlackListedB

The Windows 9 internal beta was a phenomenal success," said Microsoft PR rep Cheryl Tunt. "I mean, it blew Windows 8 out of the water, and as we all know, Windows 8 is nigh flawless. After discussion at the C level, Microsoft has decided it will not mess with success and will leave Windows 9 exactly as it is. As such, work is now getting under way on Windows 10, which should see a public release. The decision to jump to Windows 10 was announced during an all-company meeting by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, who took the stage in front of a banner reading "Mission Accomplished.

I mention Windows 10 because I didn't see succession talk about Windows 9 other then user speculation, there WAS talk of making Windows OS an online product only, forsaking actual media release, on optical install discs, rather a software download and install OS method of delivery. I don't know the time table for that either, but your post suggests both a Windows 9 and 10, or that Windows 9 was evolved into a named 'Windows 10' instead, however, as I stated above, I see a need to have a NON-TOUCH centric Windows, a Microsoft OS that's not METRO desktop reliant or makes START menu and standard ICON desktop users happy with a long term solution

Edited by BlackListedB

Sorry for addendum without additional user posts, but as pointed out on the Forum updates, There is a plan by Microsoft to offer Windows 10 free of charge upgrade, but it also includes WINDOWS 7 according to a new article from ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/microsoft-show-off-windows-10-features-28364884

Now my thinking is again, MS maybe taking the easy OS evolving route, like Apple perhaps, after it's VISIONARY founders have stepped down and the company's path forward is hazy at best. 

You're free to contradict my opinion below, however, it just looks like SPIT and POLISH on Windows 8, no longer RT of course, but hoping to cater to PC users who were very vocal in the roll out of Windows 8.

So it also leaves one wondering what up with Win9?! Did they avoid that name because of Windows 9x forever relating to Windows 95, 98 and ME?

Sorry to addendum if too soon, but the announcement kinda excites me, New Windows is a chance to revise all previous wrongs! HAHAHA

Check out Wikipedia's evolving notes on the subject;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10

Also take note in the middle section, reference that Windows was skipping the naming to Windows 9 for unclear reasons, yet the MS spokesperson refuses to acknowledge that MS's OWN naming sequence groups Windows 95, 98 and ME under Win 9x. Windows 9 isn't a direct match to previous naming, but if you read the Wiki, it does discount, jokingly, naming it Windows One, which would CLEARLY be a bad move, even if not to present a technical association.

Xbox One is STILL a bad device name no matter how you look at it, you can't reinvent the wheel by calling it a different name! hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, wait, Not so Fast in that assessment;

http://hexus.net/business/news/system-builders/75425-laptop-sales-unlikely-boosted-windows-10-launch/

Another thing you can look up causing consternation and frustration is the Builder License premise that MS hopes to put that to bed, for good?!?!?

It's unclear with versions of Windows 7 and 8 alternating between licensing specifics for those building their own gaming platform, or other, OR computers to sell, second hand, etc. To also allow for dual boot platforms and Virtual Machine applications.

This would be fundemental for Apple owners looking to use their Intel CPU power with Windows (Wintel)

BTW, There are a few, though dated, articles detailing the proof in consumer sales and online markets for the various Windows that don't bare out strict licensing guidelines, though this might not even bother some people, it was pointed out Enterprise (business licensed OSes) version would have periodical auditing, and I noted with Windows 8 a seemingly short span online update audit, but this also seemed to lesson over time, though I don't strictly use Win8 either, it hasn't stopped working or updating.

I'd point out that InfoWorld claims nearly a year before they advised Microsoft of all these changes being implemented and should receive some credit in a joking manner, but there's reality that most test driving Windows 8 found the same to be true, or missing from Windows 8 since it's Developer's Preview genesis, which was as bare-bones as you could get, since Apps used then are non existent now! hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB