GTAOnline via Games for Windows Live

BlackListedB

As we know, in summation, GfWL = BAD, Xbox Live = Good, one of the things Microsoft has been working on since Windows 8 and XBL's success despite missteps, they've worked on refining Games for Windows Live, much like Framework or Silverlight (IIRC) These intermediary software APIs or similar are designed to allow better matchmaking across the Interconnected systems' network. The Networking of game consoles or PC not just for gaming but all computer ONLINE activity over the years could continue to grow exponentially so I suspect management is constantly evolving in a way to handle ever increasing traffic.

Framework and Silverlight aid programmers for Online programs and content, Games for Windows Live was first brought out for PC contingent gaming, whereas now there's much more a hybrid state of affairs with Windows 8 designed for multiple portable OS devices, and XBLive married to the OS more so then perhaps anytime past. GfWL will likely at least under Microsoft as designation come to mean the same as XBLive for online Xbox users. I'm not sure where this will lead because I still believe it to be in a state of transition

One of the things I'm discussing here is how Rockstar or any of the components might aid PC game buyers in also joining for GTA 5 Online gaming, we're already told about increased member participation in sessions alone, but there are questions awaiting answer in 2015 when it finally arrives!

More GfWL up to date reading:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-says-it-s-not-shutting-down-games-for-windows-live/1100-6420654/

Granted, I don't spend a lot of time on the PC game side, but I'm contemplating the PC GTA pre-order presently to get that version as well, been pumping up my PC and laptop capability for it! 

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/19/games-for-windows-live-will-soon-be-dead-hooray-heres-a-list-of-devs-removing-it-from-their-games/

Edited by BlackListedB