I was bored and created AreTheHeistsThereYet.com

Maveee

It's utterly stupid and you need a more productive hobby to enrich your life. Can I suggest woodworking? it's very rewarding and you can make a little extra money by selling your creations because people go nuts over this sort of stuff.

Considering the bitching and whining you people do about all the free DLC we've gotten, I would find it so hilarious if they made heists a pay DLC. :rofl2: Seriously, why do people complain about getting stuff for free? Rockstar could have charged us $2.99 a pop for each of these DLC packs and would have been well within their right. But instead they've released them all to us for free and you people have done nothing but bitch.

• 3 weeks later...

It's utterly stupid and you need a more productive hobby to enrich your life. Can I suggest woodworking? it's very rewarding and you can make a little extra money by selling your creations because people go nuts over this sort of stuff.

Considering the bitching and whining you people do about all the free DLC we've gotten, I would find it so hilarious if they made heists a pay DLC.  :rofl2: Seriously, why do people complain about getting stuff for free? Rockstar could have charged us $2.99 a pop for each of these DLC packs and would have been well within their right. But instead they've released them all to us for free and you people have done nothing but bitch.

Seriously though, Rockstar are taking way too long for the heists.

I don't even play online and I recognise that.

They've made over a billion (meaning they have waaay more than enough to hire 'extra' help), this was a feature announced in the GTA Online trailer which was supposed to be there on release for online (unless the trailer for online was vague, or lying).

Plus, making a website like that takes only a few hours for an experience website maker, and this person has also added advertisements to his website.

Edited by M3shyS

They've made over a billion (meaning they have waaay more than enough to hire 'extra' help), this was a feature announced in the GTA Online trailer which was supposed to be there on release for online (unless the trailer for online was vague, or lying).

I don't fault anyone for being upset about the heists situation. I feel the same. But what exactly is so bad about all the free DLC we've gotten so far? At least 99% of gamers feel almost all DLC that isn't free is a ripoff. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? Would you rather get nothing at all or would you rather pay $3.00 a pop for each of these packs?

Plus, making a website like that takes only a few hours for an experience website maker, and this person has also added advertisements to his website.

So? He still needs a hobby with which to put his time to better use.

I don't fault anyone for being upset about the heists situation. I feel the same. But what exactly is so bad about all the free DLC we've gotten so far? At least 99% of gamers feel almost all DLC that isn't free is a ripoff. Why look a gift horse in the mouth? Would you rather get nothing at all or would you rather pay $3.00 a pop for each of these packs?

So? He still needs a hobby with which to put his time to better use.

No one has said anything about the free DLC being bad in this thread, or talked about it, apart from you.

Website developing/management/coding is a HOBBY, CAREER and a JOB in case you haven't realised :)

In addition to this, programming related jobs are one of the highest paying jobs in the world, computer programming jobs are growing 2x the national average for America, by 2020 there will be 1.4 million computing jobs, and only 400,000 computer science students for America. (Source: code.org).

Even if this was a teenager doing this, you can't criticise him, although Maveee probably isn't a teenager (GTA board, GTA is 18+, you'd be more likely to find teenagers on other boards, plus he's paying for a TLD) you can't discourage anyone doing anything like this, in particular the readers of the thread. The world is low on programmers, and anyone can start by doing something as small as this.

Even so, as long as this person is having fun doing something legal and not evil (like killing people, in real life...), what right do you have to say "find a hobby" when all a hobby is "an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure." which this would clearly count for.    :P

Edited by M3shyS

• 3 months later...

It's utterly stupid and you need a more productive hobby to enrich your life. Can I suggest woodworking? it's very rewarding and you can make a little extra money by selling your creations because people go nuts over this sort of stuff.

Considering the bitching and whining you people do about all the free DLC we've gotten, I would find it so hilarious if they made heists a pay DLC. :rofl2: Seriously, why do people complain about getting stuff for free? Rockstar could have charged us $2.99 a pop for each of these DLC packs and would have been well within their right. But instead they've released them all to us for free and you people have done nothing but bitch.

the game was advertised basically all about heists man.... I think people have the right too be pissed, and his 'hobby' , making websites , pays alot more than woodwork

the game was advertised basically all about heists man.... I think people have the right too be pissed, and his 'hobby' , making websites , pays alot more than woodwork

Like I already said, I don't fault anyone for being upset about the heist situation. I think that website he made is just stupid and reeks of whining and bitching.