Nothing but problems on Xbox 360 (need help)

I recently bought GTA IV on the Xbox 360. I have an Xbox 360 Slim 4GB version, and I run the game from the disc (not installed).

Well, for whatever reason, after playing only a few minutes, the framerate will dip between 15-20 FPS, making it hardly playable. Buildings will also be delayed to appear on the streets, and the game all around just feels like crap. I recently played it on the PS3 and had absolutely no problem. 

Is this a common issue when running from DVD? I don't want to think its my 360, because if it is, I will be returning it and switching back to PS3. I know I am late in the gen to be buying these older consoles, but I moved to 360 at advice from my friends, but so far, I am far from impressed. GTA IV being my only game on the console right now, I have no idea if its just the game or the 360, so help would be very much appreciated. 

Hiya

I seem to recall a CCRogers from GTAForums, no relation to you? If you are, we know each other from PSN/XBL

Been some months since I did the online console thang though. If you bought a limited HDD capacity Xbox, My first step remedy is to use an 8GB or higher USB to store additional things on, I use one myself and so far, smooth sailing, but my Xboxes are all old ones, replaced with slightly newer revisions (HDMI first year models I believe)

Hiya

I seem to recall a CCRogers from GTAForums, no relation to you? If you are, we know each other from PSN/XBL

Been some months since I did the online console thang though. If you bought a limited HDD capacity Xbox, My first step remedy is to use an 8GB or higher USB to store additional things on, I use one myself and so far, smooth sailing, but my Xboxes are all old ones, replaced with slightly newer revisions (HDMI first year models I believe)

No, I am in no relation to whoever that is. 

Really? Were you on GTAForums with a different name? I was there for nearly 10 years, but clashed with staff until they banned me, hence my user name here, the staff there make life intolerable, I'm surprised the users don't mount an insurrection, they put up with the strictest rules that make no sense to me.

Anyway, try my suggestion and save your game loading content to USB or even a CF card via USB will work to supply external drive space

Ah I know exactly who you are. I'm not ccrogers, but I know who you are talking about. My username was residentevilob until they banned me. For some reason they were under the impression that I was a male faking as a woman, (No idea how they happened, don't ask), and they banned me saying I was someone else using a fake account. 

No idea why. 

Anyways, I fixed the problem. I bought a 20GB hard drive today and installed it. Issue resolved. I guess it simply cannot run from disc, which is odd considering all other games work just fine. Its odd because Fallout 3 and NV are extremely buggy games but play perfect on my system while GTA IV is almost unplayable unless its installed. 

Edited by cameroncrogers

Boycott! hahaha

Stand up for yourself, NEVER Cow Tow to people who don't know right from wrong, that's what happened in Nazi Germany after all. People were intimidated or just didn't know how to react to the greater wrong. Either way, I stand for what's right, whenever possible. And, I'm also a nice guy, TRUST me! haha

Oh, and CC, don't let other people's opinion influence who YOU ARE, it never works out for you ultimately if you try to appease others, know in your heart of hearts to do what's right in your own life, ON OR OFF line, that's key advice.

Even though I have 5 or more HDDs for Xbox, more then enough because of RRoD, I did tests with the USB supporting drives and they work good. I use an extension that swivels in addition so things don't stick straight out

Edited by BlackListedB