Actors lost the past week RIP

Not only did Philip Seymour Hoffman succumb and relapse to a former hard drug addiction that ended his life earlier today... but we lost living legend Hollywood veteran Maximilian Schell. Oddly, not long ago I was watching End of the Game in which he directed, early in the 1970s and featuring a young Jon Voight.

Maybe you remember The Black Hole film as a kid. As Star Wars did what it set out to do and inspired more big screen sci fi films

• 1 month later...

She was mentioned during the Oscars tribute, but I honestly don't remember Ed Lauter mentioned, travesty. Didn't they neglect honoring Farrah Fawcett when she passed as well? I think it was a timing thing perhaps, in that case, but they made up for it later, or after the fact, when it resulted in something of a backlash.

• Like 1

Well, that's a drag, but I guess you can't mention everyone. Shirley was better off after her stint as a child/teen actress, and although I personally didn't like her political leanings (she's a Republican), at least she didn't end up getting too caught up in trouble unlike most other child actors after their careers - Lindsay Lohan spent time on rehab, and don't get me started on Bieber.

We also lost comedian David Brenner, I didn't realize he was still performing, as of late last year!?!

They've been playing a lot of Philip Seymour Hoffman films on cable lately, I was really surprised to see him appear in the film When a Man Loves A Woman with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia. I think the movie title kept me away from it, but I found it highly emotional actually, good film.

I was using Wiki as a movie index the past month or so and found lacking in this web posting, the Skipper Bob Hale Jr is also deceased.

Sad when you think of all the talent now gone from our World...

http://wonderfulwonderblog.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html

Edited by BlackListedB