Money, Money, Money...and snow

BlackListedB

Rockstar Newswire update shows the Xmas gifts they're giving this year, but no word back on all the problems people are having with GTAOnline in particular and even some issues present in GTA offline. I haven't seen much of the current ones noted...but I have lost connection a few times, and been given large sums of cash multiple times, this in about two sessions perhaps, lastly, on XBox Live

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52011/grand-theft-auto-online-holiday-gifts.html/#comments

What do you guys make of the current state of GTAOnline, and has it been rough going more so on PSN then XBL or vice versa??

MERRY CHRISTMAS BTW!!!!!

BTW, again our newly restored GTAChronicles site has gone offline, but at present I'm celebrating Christmas with family and friends, and I'm sure Trip Mills is as well, so we can't get back online straight away, I posted the same issue thread over there, but I'd like to field input from everyone, I've discussed this online with fellow gamers, but it's still an important event within GTAOnline, and how they might tackle legit money making schemes, based upon how the game is designed, or a true cheat where there's more harm then good as a result

I posted a YouTube segment on the money making problem at GTAC then our site went offline again, typical host payment issue yet again, not a surprise THIS time since it was again the end of the month and it had to be billing due.

The video was two months old now, it showed what I consider a legitimate way to use procedures within the game to generate cash, you repeat and rinse in the endeavor but it would be time consuming and is based on vehicle sales within the game, which is allowed, what needs to be dealt with however, is the billions of dollars just issued to everyone in a session, at random, offered as bounties and such. If you're reading the comments on Newswire, you can see the cheaters and hackers are what everyone is currently fuming about, and with valid reason.

I find it odd no one has joined in the discussion over here, are you content with what's happening in GTAOnline?!?! I can't believe that.

Edited by BlackListedB

I have to go to work right now.. but I'll make a quick reply :P It sucks that there is so much money in the game now. I'm pretty sure that is what R* is working on.. delaying everything else because people will exploit anything and everything. I think they should have protected the money system way better to start with because micro transactions are what will fuel the free updates and DLC. I'll be playing Battlefield in the meantime, so hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

I'm on my way back from Xmas with my parents, like a lot of people, I missed the snow completely due to the holiday timing, Rockstar may have to consider how this effects a large swath of fans precluded from the fun. We all downloaded the gifts, as I see it. I started up PS3 for the first time with online, and I ran into a myriad of signing on to a session that didn't end abruptly, or people who wouldn't commit to the jobs where the more people who would take part would add to the fun you get out of it. Sad thing that effects both versions of GTA V.

PSN has better cars floating around, but seemingly far less aircraft, compare it to XBL and there's airplanes and helis at every typical landing pad! STRANGE.

The money issue was largely absent from the sessions I spent on PSN, but there were also far fewer players, this is something that typically effects PSN though, I hope it changes still

I haven't played in a while, but I hear that all sorts of crazy stuff is happening. A friend of mine created a new XBL account, and went to GTA:O. As soon he was done creating his character and got through the tutorial, he joined a lobby. After that, he found himself amidst a sea of money.

Supposedly, R* is fixing this with the next patch though, removing money obtained through exploits, and punishing the exploiters. But people have found ways to glitch around all these patches, let's see what happens.

Edited by Someguy42

Not gonna lie...I took advantage of the original car selling glitch and racked up enough cash to buy a lot of the expensive stuff (a little over 11 million)...I'm glad that I did because so many others stashed way more than that...I can't even imagine trying to get by on what they give you for legitimate earnings in the game...I know they want to sell game cash at PS Store but it's not enough cash for the prices of everything...you can make good money racing with your friends but it gets boring really fast...I'm still looking for play partners on PSN my id is "marlintinis"....add me and I'll help you out...I'm level 70 and have a Rhino and a Buzzard

For Xbox I bought some super cars, but that's about it, I did want to try the Titan out, and it rarely appears at the military base, but since that session I've been offline, who knows what I might face in doing that, but I didn't feel the need for any 'overkill'. In starting GTAO for PSN, it's been pretty uneventful on the PS3 side, so far.... I know you can BUY credit card in-game money with ACTUAL money, and I'm thinking of doing that if things take too long going legit....but I wonder, would someone just buy the biggest SHARK card with as much money as they have to throw into gaming online?!? It's possible perhaps, unless Rockstar put some limits on it