GTA Online Title Update 1.08 Adds New Capture Mode

Chris

The new capture mode for GTA Online, first teased a couple of weeks, is now live with title update 1.08 for GTAV. Capture is Rockstar's unique take on the well known "Capture the Flag" mode seen in many multiplayer games. Capture has four different modes, here's what Rockstar have to say about each one:

actual_1386962721.jpg
Fight for exclusive import rights at Los Santos International in one of the new Capture mode Jobs in Grand Theft Auto Online.

Capture - the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online, in now available as part of the latest free automatic update on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. With 20 new Jobs across four unique modes, this GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations brings a whole new level of adversarial action to the world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategy plays a huge role as you run decoys, set traps and place obstacles to ensure your enemies don’t get close to your goods. These new Jobs are accessible in Freemode and spread across the four different modes described below. Read on for more details and previews of a few of our faves:

RAID
In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents' base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match. 

"Beachin"
Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren't the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other's stashes for control of the area's 'tourist trade'. Take product back to your spot and it's yours.

"Wargames"
Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.

HOLD
When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.

"Block Party"
Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else's product back to their turf, they'll have to protect it.

actual_1386962738.jpg
Compete to get buses back to your base in 'All Abhorred'.

GTA
As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.

"My Maibatsu"
Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.

"Field of Screams"
A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.

CONTEND
In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.

"Salty Snatch"
Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.

actual_1386962751.jpg
The contested package at the heart of a firefight.

Capture update is out now on both PS3 and Xbox 360, and you can check out the Rockstar Support page for the full patch notes for this update.

Probably would get kicked off GTAO to do these updates, but I've been offline now more then a day because I could only hardwire connect to one device, and that be THIS ONE! hahaha

Anywho, updates to GTA 5 as I noted before, give the game a fresh coat of paint at it's best, I was at the pawnshop last night Pawn America locale, and they had copies of GTA 5 for both consoles at a used price of $25 USD! That's half of what most of us paid! ALREADY, I wondered about this factoid once we were hearing the major sales records broken upon it's release, now everyone can afford a copy if they have that pawn shop access to software and hardware like I do, however, I couldn't wait to get both my copies!