Angels of Death DLC episode.

Victor_Vance

Angels of Death. Once the kings of motorcycle world, Today, rusted and torn apart after years of being at war with their former rivals, The Lost. Now, a truce with The Lost has protected their way of life. As The Angels of Death drug enforcer, Leon West must get his gang back in the meth business. Blaine County has all the open opportunities but a truce with The Lost can't be broken. The Lost President, Johnny Klebitz is deteriorating himself and the chapter with the overuse of the very same drug he sells. Will this be the way to get back in business or must a truce stay unbroken?

Edited by Victor_Vance

This is just an idea, I have so they can further explain Johnny's backstory on why he became a meth addict. I didn't like the way Rockstar just make him out of character, if you played TLAD you know Johnny would never do shit again, he even said it on TLAD.

And I want more of an open and alive world in Blaine County, Madrazo's Cartel, Ortega, The O'neil Brothers, and the Triads. And please don't put this on another forum, it's just gonna rot there, rarely someone visits the main forums, let alone a sub-forum.... And besides there's already a Vampire DLC in here that you haven't moved, so why mine which is much more reasonable...

I assumed this was a "You Heard It Here First" kinda post, you get a lot of people trying to break that type of news on GTAForums as well.

I admit, I was not a fan of Trevor's actions against Johnny the Jew, he was a fun character, but some people thought he was the wrong type of personality for a biker, too wimpy even.

I liked his voicing and balancing rational thinking with a biker's lifestyle, but in GTA V, it seemed just another way for the script to marry previous tie ins with GTA and focus on Trevor's disdain for bikers, I think he doesn't like any of them, to be honest. 

Even before we got our hands on the actual game, reviewers with a preview of the game reported on Trevor's combative stance against bikers in the region, but I still didn't expect the graphic demise of our own GTA character, it's like killing Niko or Roman in the next installment?!?!?!

Did I give too much spoiler away there?? hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB

it's like killing Niko or Roman in the next installment?!?!?!

If Roman asks me to go bowling one more time, I'm going to myself myself! >.<

SPOILER WARNING FOR REST OF POST!

But seriously, though, I don't mind game or movie characters I like being killed off as long as it serves a big enough purpose and is a "good" death (what constitutes a "good" or "bad" depends on a character's personality). This is how I viewed Johnny's death in GTA V. He had gotten back with Ashley and she got him on the dope, which messed him up bad. He was a shadow of the man we met in TLAD and his death I view as not only merciful to him for what he's become but it also conveyed how violent and dangerous Trevor is, therefor fitting with the story being told.

Huang Lee's death in GTA V, on the other hand, was a footnote in the game that nobody probably even noticed the first time around... :thumbsdown:

I think the purpose was to shock in a way, I think Rockstar still like pushing the envelope for whatever the reason, but as I mentioned my sensitivity as far as adult content pushing on gratuitous, the nudity for titillation sake in the strip clubs, now I know we're going for authentic as the series matures, and I believe the Housers are trying to pair video gaming right up against R rated cinema, but at times it feels like Soft Core gaming with the hookers, but less is shown there, it just seems excessive at times, when you know there's a wide swath of age gamers who are still playing these Mature titles, I don't think they're ready yet, my opinion! haha

As far as what bothers me most, it was having the You Play the Torturer with Trevor, I can see how it offers a new gameplay advantage with trading off characters and locations with GTA V, but again, there's nothing remotely amusing or entertaining about torture, so I would have left that out of the game and found a better way to do something similar. It tends to make one squirm while playing! haha

I know some people are already desensitized and they might think removing such things would dampen the GTA gaming experience, I'd say they don't see the forest for the trees in such case.

GTA began with little depiction and the controversy was a marketing ploy, evidenced in detail with the book Jacked I read earlier in the year.

There's also the factoid that DMA were partly involved before the Housers had full reign of the development

Edited by BlackListedB

I think the purpose was to shock in a way, I think Rockstar still like pushing the envelope for whatever the reason, but as I mentioned my sensitivity as far as adult content pushing on gratuitous, the nudity for titillation sake in the strip clubs, now I know we're going for authentic as the series matures, and I believe the Housers are trying to pair video gaming right up against R rated cinema, but at times it feels like Soft Core gaming with the hookers, but less is shown there, it just seems excessive at times, when you know there's a wide swath of age gamers who are still playing these Mature titles, I don't think they're ready yet, my opinion! haha

As far as what bothers me most, it was having the You Play the Torturer with Trevor, I can see how it offers a new gameplay advantage with trading off characters and locations with GTA V, but again, there's nothing remotely amusing or entertaining about torture, so I would have left that out of the game and found a better way to do something similar. It tends to make one squirm while playing! haha

I know some people are already desensitized and they might think removing such things would dampen the GTA gaming experience, I'd say they don't see the forest for the trees in such case.

GTA began with little depiction and the controversy was a marketing ploy, evidenced in detail with the book Jacked I read earlier in the year.

There's also the factoid that DMA were partly involved before the Housers had full reign of the development

If you're having so big an issue with the content in the game, you always have the option to just stop playing it. Meth heads get their brains bashed in, strip clubs have naked women in them, people get tortured, yada yada yada. All this stuff happens in the real world as well. Get over it. Freedom of expression covers video games just as much as it covers any other medium, whether that be movies, books, music, or whatever. They shouldn't be water down because some douche who fancies himself the world's public decency guardian doesn't like them. Jacky boy and all his like-minded friends can take a long walk off a short platform, if they think they have any right to decide what's appropriate for me.

I have a problem with getting too over the top as far as sex and violence, when as the game matures, it should handle the real world content in a mature fashion. I'm talking about impressionable people, but not only that, but playing the game in private or public can also be a factor, Other people have been in the room while I'm playing GTA, and they're hearing the excessive cursing or seeing simulated sex and wondering, how is this effecting/effective game play? It's really in there because it's part of the initial GTA design and concept, but the point I'm making is it's not a make or break aspect of why we like GTA.

I had heard those initial complaints about killing hookers and taking back the money, and I'd done that in Vice City as well, but it's merely comical in those days to get worked up about it, the graphics were so simplistic, but I rarely did it anyway, and I don't go to the strip clubs as habit in the real world anyway. I've been to one once with a friend! The girls didn't knock me out with their good looks! hahaha

It was his choice which one to go to however.

The point I just want to breach is it's content that we think has to be there, but there's other ways to be inventive, I'm hoping if GTA were to grow and not become tiresome, those new concepts evolve.

It's not a main sticking point, but you can imagine your parents walking in while you're doing simulated in-game sex in one of the two featured, it's awkward, wouldn't you say? The PSP GTAs brought this home for me, because you could play them virtually anywhere

Edited by BlackListedB