My first sig

888ball

I'm in utter shock that it took you TWO hours to do that. I'm hoping you mean you had Photoshop open for two hours just playing around then in the end you made that.

Tip of advice, NEVER bevell and emboss render cut-outs. NEVER. Add a border to it. Don't excessively use the bevell and emboss feature, either. While it may seem like it adds to the image, alot of the time it makes it worse. If you're dealing with flat images((usually real photos, game screenshots, etc.)) NEVER bevell and emboss the text because then it just looks out of place. Stroking the text usually does a good job of making it look nice.

I'm in utter shock that it took you TWO hours to do that. I'm hoping you mean you had Photoshop open for two hours just playing around then in the end you made that.

two hours to learn it because I didn't have a clue how to use it and I needed to mess around (of course) and i ended up with that, sorry if its quality offended you

ok taken that into account

V2:

img-770-888ball4_copy.gif

im really new to this, would you be offended if i asked you how to make a border

yes i know, subtle differences

Some people use Blending Options > Stroke > (Set the colors), Inside stroke on a base background that covers up the image size, Then set the Fill to 0% so its just a border. But I use a more controllable method:

-Create a new layer, Place it ontop of the all other layers.

-Fill in the layer using the Paint Bucket Tool with whatever your border color will be. (Set the Foreground color to your desired color)

-Ctrl+Click the new layer [in layer panel], This will outline the border layer.

-While the layer is selected: Select > Modify > Border: set border size, I use 1 or 2px.

-After thats completed: Select > Inverse

-Delete selection

Now you have a border on a new layer that is independent, And not an active blending option.

yea this avatar was made in my half an hour in photoshop, didnt like it though. I'll stick with fireworks, much simpler. Hey - i always used paint until i got fw. I know i havent used like any features, but this should be simple enough to make easily.

retrox.jpg

What? How can you not like Photoshop? One of my friends had a class that she had to use Photoshop CS and she hated it. Now I'm "training" her boyfriend as my apprentice, so of course he needs PS on his system. Guess who plays around with it? Yep, his girlfriend.

V2:

im really new to this, would you be offended if i asked you how to make a border

Definetly looks better without the bevell. Work on it a bit more and you will have a decent sig, no doubt.

V2:

Some people use Blending Options > Stroke > (Set the colors), Inside stroke on a base background that covers up the image size, Then set the Fill to 0% so its just a border. But I use a more controllable method:

-Create a new layer, Place it ontop of the all other layers.

-Fill in the layer using the Paint Bucket Tool with whatever your border color will be. (Set the Foreground color to your desired color)

-Ctrl+Click the new layer [in layer panel], This will outline the border layer.

-While the layer is selected: Select > Modify > Border: set border size, I use 1 or 2px.

-After thats completed: Select > Inverse

-Delete selection

Now you have a border on a new layer that is independent, And not an active blending option.

Or, what I do is:

-Create a new layer above all other layers.

-CTRL+A to Select All.

-Edit > Stroke and choose your settings.

Pretty simple way, I guess. It's always how I do it. Though, you can do more if you want more than a basic border. Or you might have to draw the border yourself for some borders.

Have fun with it, though.