How do you steal vehicles from Military Base?

the-axis

Check out this excerpt from this video, I found this is the best possible way for stealing the fighter jet. You are stealing the jet that is in the middle of the base, so it is remotely away from any trouble and you won't have to deal with any tanks if you don't stick around too long. The video doesn't show his escape from the base, but I found that heading straight for the ocean works best. Stay as low as possible till you feel you are safe. Also use Franklin's special to make it even easier. Other trickier ways I've heard is parachuting into the base, that takes more precision thou. Good luck

Well...I managed to get the jet...now I want the little assault helicopter but the missles take me out before I can get away...I wonder if you can take out the missle launchers like you could in San Andreas...Does anyone know if that can be done..? P. S. Thanks for the quick reply Blur. I managed to steal the one in the hanger fairly easily because the tanks get hung up outside and can't target you before you can take off. Then I did like you said and headed out to sea and north. I did it with Trevor so I landed it at his airfield. It looks cool sticking out of that little hanger. Ha Ha

Of course I'm still playing as Franklin but I already attempted a jet fighter theft, it didn't work either, I just plowed through military personal

Wound up exploding in a fireball! 

So, heading out over the water is good, but how about wanted levels encountered in the process? Evasion tactics? I was trying to infiltrate the submarine mooring bay South of Los Santos, it's highly protected by helicopter and armed guards, the reason I kept at it was to kill as many as I could and get their guns and ammo, as well as try out the wetsuit, but sadly, it's timing elapsed before I made my escape and they shot me underwater trying to get enough air to survive! Anywho, can't really steal the sub.

In my special Xbox Magazine GTA V issue, they said something about special ability of each character before the game came out, I want to ask but also not spoil the game either. I seem to recall them saying you could do some sort of bullet time with Michael and slow down time as well with Franklin during action car chases or something? I know this is probably made clear as you progress, but just in case others aren't completing the main story either, this was the assumption going in, based on what they published. Seems too Max Payne to be putting Bullet Time into GTA! haha

Edited by BlackListedB

BLB...I play on a PS3 and the special abilities are activated by pressing down on both thumb-sticks (L3+R3)...not sure how it works on Xbox...Franklin slows time while driving (helps in racing), Michel slows time while aiming a gun (increases accuracy), Trevor seems to get a strength boost while fighting hand to hand, not sure though.

This was probably already mentioned, but for the few who don't know about it yet... a little while after you gain access to Trevor, there's a Stranger mission near Trevor's trailer in which Cletus wants you to go shoot stuff with him. Start it, then walk away. You can get into the military base, airport, prison, etc, with no stars. If you've progressed far enough to gain access to the Sandy Shores hangar/helipad, you can walk right into the military base like you own it (haha), take anything you want, bring it back and store it. Leave that side-mission unfinished to gain uninhibited access to these areas any time during the storyline.

First, might wanna read up on some kinda glitch involving storing the fighter jet at the Sandy Shores hangar. I didn't really understand it, but I haven't experienced it either. Might even be fixed by now.

• Like 1

Thanks Laurie...I didn't know about the Cletus glitch...wish I had left that one unfinished...I do plan on playing through again but I figured I'd get some experience stealing the "hard to get" stuff first...

In previous GTA versions I was always a collector of unique and rare vehicles...also vehicles that become unavailable after a certain point (like Romans taxi in GTA 4)...I haven't found many of these in this game...I can't seem to find a thread on rare vehicles for GTA 5 anywhere...If anyone knows of a collectors list or guide I'd love to hear about it...