A'fixin this big'ol mess....

BlackListedB

Rockstar sure have a lot to patch up this time, thankfully the main game didn't have THIS much trouble offering up a complete experience we'd been waiting sooooooo long for, now I know not all of you are double anxious to jump both feet into GTAOnline because it's rough going, and personal status also dictates ability to do so, but I find the most recent professional evaluations maybe the most helpful, aside from getting info from Rockstar directly.

IGN offers a recent followup for coverage they've done about it here;

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/gta-online-launch-issues-rockstar-speaks

I'm one of the few who could live without it. Still too much fun to be had in SP. Aside from that, I'm not very good in MP. I've spent all my GTAIV MP time in free-roam, usually riding shotgun with kids who just want a set of boobs to ride with em.

I wasn't around for the launch of GTAIV or its MP. Was it anything like this? It seems too simplistic in nature to really cause that much trouble.

But I'm glad to hear they're on top of this, and not doing what certain other game developers do (ahem, Zynga), like piling on more new glitched stuff to distract people from the old glitched stuff. At the very least, it seems they're fixing a bunch of SP bugs with their GTAO updates.

The fact is I do want to have fun with GTAOnline, and most of us who at one point or another tried GTA or RDR online, or other games as well, it can be a lot of fun, and the best way to commune with friends and even make new ones is playing the same games you share and love.

That said, I've basically taken several days away from GTA entirely, starting RDR all over again on my PS3, as I just bought a copy and never played it on PS3 before. So..... Hey, if I can do it, folks, remember, you're not the only one NOT playing GTAOnline, and perhaps easing up their servers might help them iron things out, we can't really know, but complaining is not the same as Constructive Criticism.

I have done GTA online with GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption was a better game in both SP and MP, and I think Rockstar even realized they had done a lot that was right with the San Diego development heading up RDR, so they used Rockstar Games instead of Rockstar North as a way of showing shared assets between the divisions that make up the company, GTAO however uses new techniques, and I know for RDR's MP there were issues as I was playing online, with GTA IV, not as much that I can even recall. There were people who were being racist over their headsets and killing people over and over who would rather play at their own pace and certainly not make it hard for anyone else, me included. The diversity of activity and even playing with NPC in the MP is what helps all of that and the sessions were also limited to a certain number of people. I changed sessions as well as got kicked out, and I certainly didn't get along with everyone who was there either, but overall it was an experience unique from Single Player, and it was worth it overall, Rockstar have strived to offer an experience they feel is worth any cost they implement, this is a mandate from Sam Houser himself, pre- any DLC, as he was talking about what to expect in that regard, at the time

Edited by BlackListedB

Just focusing on the backlash and Rockstar's efforts to correct the Online gaming aspect, in my mind it's pretty big, and virtually all comments I read were posted in a rather disgruntled mood, people saying why delay the game as a whole, and then additionally the online segment when it's 'clearly not ready', My thoughts are still that it needs input from users, even if that's an influx of people trying to access it at the same time, though it's hurting their entertainment as a result, the flip side is it maybe the only way for Rockstar to know what's failing for a model system that works as much or as well as possible.

As far as another topic or thread about it, I don't see that happening in abundance. This is solely for discussions about how users here find the experience, and report on what's been done that's agreed on by user input, even if Rockstar is saying there's an update for someone's console of choice, the feedback is sketchy as to it being a positive outcome for them personally. I find it hard to follow, myself.

This is probably the biggest public perception issue Rockstar has faced in recent months or years, getting Online to work as it should is something I expected only a minor number of things to fall short the mark

Edited by BlackListedB

LaurieX  (BTW, hello) - In case you didn't know GTAO has a passive mode to prevent other players from just

killing you (although they appearently run you over or blow up a nearby car & get you w/ splash damage.

Generally singl player has been good, the only glitch being the dissapearence of a few weapons.  No big,

weapons can be found free if you know where to look.

I am sorry to get two topics so closely related, but this is an ongoing challenge for Rockstar to address what they can, without a flurry of updates, too little, too late and people clamoring to get on as well, it's a massive challenge as people seem to forget the success GTA V had with it's sales, that means an unprecedented number of participants I'd wager

• 2 weeks later...

Just to mention in passing, Rockstar's done a few updates on Newswire, and another major download patch to fix problems has been released for PS3 and XBOX users, I haven't been online for these but I am now up at my folks' cabin where the Wifi is available to most all my devices, so I should be able to get online with both consoles, but I still only have the Xbox release of GTA V, would be nice to get patched up for the game on both PSN and XBL, but I don't have any misconceptions that this will be the last fix/repair for Network gaming, but I wonder.... How much of Single Player still needs to be addressed? Ideas?