29 replies to this topic

#21 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's one of the contacts in the phone's list, should appear directly at the top.

As for cars disappearing, one thing I've been checking is the same case in regard to helicopter use. The closer you remain to a vehicle, the better chance it will remain where you left it, this is somewhat normal game logic at work. I ran some distance from a landed helicopter and it remained where I left it, I took a car to a remote weapon pickup I mentioned near the cove of the ocean inlet, two different attempts, one too far away, the car vanished but it's tracks remained so I know it was the same location, the other time, just above the water where I could see it from the bay, it remained there the whole time, but you could turn your back, attempt to get a new vehicle, and even in close proximity the one you had prior will vanish without a trace.

Want to add two more moments where vehicles were absconded by NPCs, one time a woman came running down the sidewalk following a police shootout, and she took off in the police car left in the wake, The officers had either died or vanished. At least two humorous situations I noted in single player, it's been said that if you parked a police car, the police would obviously take it back. I landed a car near the inlet waterways of LS and the car was blocked on all sides from driving off, but not long after getting out on foot, the message came that the police had also impounded THAT vehicle! Simply by magic it seems! 

#22 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

In that case you can call that contact, drive to location marked on the map and use it like a normal helicopter

Edited by TrialByFire, 14 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#23 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

RE: pimped out customs, I just got the Banshee that Rockstar were giving away from West Coast Customs, the in-game version, and I tricked mine out as well. Should be in my pics uploaded to Social Club, just not sure it will stick around since I stocked up all of Franklin's storage places (PS3 version)

#24 Trevor_Philips

Trevor_Philips

Drop Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States 

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Do you have the number in your phone to call the blimp?

It's only there if you preordered.

• TrialByFire likes this

#25 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

There's a code for the PS3 version as well, believe it's the blimp as well, but I haven't actually entered it. I'd suggest if you're saving unique cars via Single Player, I've followed two routines now, at least they repeated thus far, one is at your starting or moved HOME savehouse, the other being your garage, if you park in the driveway where your normal 'unique' car (per character) appears, it seems only one at a time is allowed, and the unique vehicle spawns there automatically, so if you do try and replace it with your custom or 'obtained' ride, it will wind up impounded for an extraction fee of $250 IIRC.

The other method is storing 5 IIRC, cars per garage, non-local storage... You can drive the car you want to save, park it near the garage doorway (so far I know this works), remove a vehicle to allot room inside, park the one you want, but upon leaving the one you just took out vanishes, it's not impounded so soon I believe, but you have to keep in mind vehicles and people (PEDS) just disappear because the systems's software and portions of memory and processing can't keep tabs on all the screen elements it has to animate and do AI routines for, the mechanics behind the game designs haven't advanced beyond problem areas like this yet.

Edited by BlackListedB, 15 November 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#26 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Do you have the number in your phone to call the blimp?

It's only there if you preordered.

That's not true, I didnt pre order my copy and I have the number

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#27 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Same. I didn't preorder, but went to midnight launch and got a copy with the blimp.

#28 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

I tried getting weapons and cars from other players, but I can see they're locked out, and I wonder, is that the same as insurance? I just figure anything upgraded perhaps, but a normal army helicopter was found on the street and I still couldn't enter it even after I shot the windows out! I wonder if people are finding the flyable lear jet at the airport or somewhere else? I've seen it flown a few times, perhaps the military jet was stolen. I was able to get the non-gun tour heli a few times, it's the easiest by far.

RE: the blimp, perhaps some pre orders just didn't get claimed, so they sold as normal copies. I heard complaints being made that if you pay for collector status, you want something close to your monies' worth. but I still feel this could easily be argued. Rockstar at least want to impart best value for the DLC everyone can enjoy

Edited by BlackListedB, 19 November 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#29 Poppy_Mitchell

Poppy_Mitchell

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

My management insured my pink cognescenti cabrio. Not that anyone would want to ruin it or anything... xXx
Actress, Singer, Model, Starlet!!!

#30 adhdryangta

adhdryangta

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •    Wales 

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

xbox 360 add me: AdHd RyAn GtA

modded cars with nos 

adder 

entity xf

saltan rs

sticker car

4 weel blazer 

cheetah

not modded but rare 

travors blazer

800 msp to dup all the cars and i got to pay for my car back from mos insurance 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users