Insuring your cars

Trevor_Philips

• 2 weeks later...

In single player you can go to the police station and get a car out of impound, and stop off in the lobby for your needed bullet proof vest. ALSO, in case someone hasn't seen this yet, at the NOOSE headquarters near LSIA, you can also grab a bullet proof vest just off the side of the building (West side with the police car parked in front)

I also replaced my stored Bentley with a cop car, seems more a specialty vehicle (black and white version) to keep on hand

Edited by BlackListedB

Does it say they get crushed? Well, I just started using the Garage for the various players, to see how many cars you can save between sessions in SP. I have a motorcycle and car custom ordered with the Collector's Edition of the game, and I can order them up anytime, like the blimp, oh.....

OT stuff I'm adding in the moment;

If you have access to the blimp, I think if you ascend as high as possible, and look down around the map, it's very impressive, but what strikes me is the white splotches that at first didn't register with me, but I do believe they're the clouds seen at a much lower height from where you are, as you pretty much max out how high you can get above the game map!

Also had run ins with the two sharks in the 'Out Of Your Depth' Achievement, it's actually forced on you no matter what vehicle, when you attempt to go out over the water too far! The idea is there's no way back that's going to be easy anyway, in an endless ocean you'd be swimming forever! hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB

One of the things I'm doing, and typically do as a new GTA title comes out, see what works from past games, like squeezing bikes, motorcycles and cars into storing spaces designated in the game, this at least in the past was something of an in-game cheat you could do to get more items saved in the same space, whereas it would be one or two max in the earlier 3D games

http://gta.wikia.com/Impound_Garage

"In GTA V, Impound Garages return. If the player loses a vehicle that they have modified at a Los Santos Customs garage or ordered online, they will be able to retrieve the modified vehicle for a fee from the Impound Lot, so long as the vehicle is not destroyed."

Either of you have the option to cite your sources next time you want to be persuasive. 

"In GTA V, Impound Garages return. If the player loses a vehicle that they have modified at a Los Santos Customs garage or ordered online, they will be able to retrieve the modified vehicle for a fee from the Impound Lot, so long as the vehicle is not destroyed."

Either of you have the option to cite your sources next time you want to be persuasive. 

First off, a wiki page alone, unless it actually cites a source, isn't persuasive of anything. I don't deny that wikis are useful (as I came to this site as part of the merger with Grand Theft Wiki), but they aren't necessarily discussion-ending.

Secondly, I'm not trying to be persuasive of anything, I'm just stating that this message about impounded cars supposedly being crushed never appeared to me and that of all the vehicles I've abandoned (both customized and not) throughout the course of my second playthrough, the only vehicle that appears in the impound for me is the same black and orange Bati 800.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my PS3 copy to now dabble in GTA5 online for the first time, but I'm actually nervous about that what with all the patching and follow up complaints from users, everyone has some other minor issue effecting them, I wouldn't want to invest too heavily in something that's cloud based, and Rockstar mentioned following a specific exit routine to make sure you save your game so it can resume, or store credentials correctly, I think this all came back to work done on their servers for cloud saving capability, and other gaming factors while online

Edited by BlackListedB

First off, a wiki page alone, unless it actually cites a source, isn't persuasive of anything. I don't deny that wikis are useful (as I came to this site as part of the merger with Grand Theft Wiki), but they aren't necessarily discussion-ending.

Secondly, I'm not trying to be persuasive of anything, I'm just stating that this message about impounded cars supposedly being crushed never appeared to me and that of all the vehicles I've abandoned (both customized and not) throughout the course of my second playthrough, the only vehicle that appears in the impound for me is the same black and orange Bati 800.

If you really want some conclusive evidence, launch GTA Online, get in one of your insured vehicles, get a wanted level and let the police kill you. When you respawn look in the top left and read the message that it displays

To add, First 'rare' car I picked up just playing near constant Single Player is the Sabre Turbo, then for some odd reason, a few high end cars jacked between them all, they kept showing up the whole session I was on, I stored one in my garage, but they were popping up near the West Coast out of Los Santos, and down into the main high rise section, whereas initially I picked mine up in East Los Santos. Having the right car for a period of time will aid in spawning an associated group I think is based on it's class, it can be a muscle car, truck, or exotic to fit into a group of spawn vehicles.

BTW, Checking on impounded vehicles, I lastly found both exclusives offered in the Collector's Edition release of GTA V, both of these vehicles spawn endlessly at your garage though, so why pay impound costs?, the blimp as well can be called via your phone anytime.

BTW, speaking of, anyone tell me about the Blimp offering outside the Collector Edition $150 version of GTA V? I got a code in the standard PS3 version but I haven't used it. The paperwork says you can attempt to land on the top of the blimp and then you automatically pilot it I guess?

Edited by BlackListedB

It's one of the contacts in the phone's list, should appear directly at the top.

As for cars disappearing, one thing I've been checking is the same case in regard to helicopter use. The closer you remain to a vehicle, the better chance it will remain where you left it, this is somewhat normal game logic at work. I ran some distance from a landed helicopter and it remained where I left it, I took a car to a remote weapon pickup I mentioned near the cove of the ocean inlet, two different attempts, one too far away, the car vanished but it's tracks remained so I know it was the same location, the other time, just above the water where I could see it from the bay, it remained there the whole time, but you could turn your back, attempt to get a new vehicle, and even in close proximity the one you had prior will vanish without a trace.

Want to add two more moments where vehicles were absconded by NPCs, one time a woman came running down the sidewalk following a police shootout, and she took off in the police car left in the wake, The officers had either died or vanished. At least two humorous situations I noted in single player, it's been said that if you parked a police car, the police would obviously take it back. I landed a car near the inlet waterways of LS and the car was blocked on all sides from driving off, but not long after getting out on foot, the message came that the police had also impounded THAT vehicle! Simply by magic it seems! 

RE: pimped out customs, I just got the Banshee that Rockstar were giving away from West Coast Customs, the in-game version, and I tricked mine out as well. Should be in my pics uploaded to Social Club, just not sure it will stick around since I stocked up all of Franklin's storage places (PS3 version)

There's a code for the PS3 version as well, believe it's the blimp as well, but I haven't actually entered it. I'd suggest if you're saving unique cars via Single Player, I've followed two routines now, at least they repeated thus far, one is at your starting or moved HOME savehouse, the other being your garage, if you park in the driveway where your normal 'unique' car (per character) appears, it seems only one at a time is allowed, and the unique vehicle spawns there automatically, so if you do try and replace it with your custom or 'obtained' ride, it will wind up impounded for an extraction fee of $250 IIRC.

The other method is storing 5 IIRC, cars per garage, non-local storage... You can drive the car you want to save, park it near the garage doorway (so far I know this works), remove a vehicle to allot room inside, park the one you want, but upon leaving the one you just took out vanishes, it's not impounded so soon I believe, but you have to keep in mind vehicles and people (PEDS) just disappear because the systems's software and portions of memory and processing can't keep tabs on all the screen elements it has to animate and do AI routines for, the mechanics behind the game designs haven't advanced beyond problem areas like this yet.

Edited by BlackListedB