Anything Hidden

BlackListedB

If you can share some unique item locations or places of interest around Los Santos and Blaine County, I propose this thread for that information.

I mentioned having trouble with the parachute about 2 days ago or so, I found it does AUTO Equip once you jump free of anything, but along a cliff face, I couldn't get enough air to see it work for me. I was mentioning at that time, besides Mt Chilliad for the main found location, try the dam just North of LS, there's one in the mid-section on top.

Along the shore there's what appeared to be something of a tunnel or cave, but I was proceeding by boat and neglected to check it out fully. You can go through some tunnels under the city, but without getting too far, I can see it being adopted for a mission.

A lot of the map is laid out prior to planning any mission placement, but what's funny is that some locations just look built to stage a mission in, like the inner-city junk yard, for one example

Edited by BlackListedB

As it turns out, the cave or cove near the water front, just outside of town (LS), that's where under the water lies a free Grenade Launcher, and it's visible on your map as a sort of hook inward and upward from the water. Hope that is less spoiler then it is helpful.

Of all the swimming I've done, yet to see a shark! 

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, the cave or cove near the water front, just outside of town (LS), that's where under the water lies a free Grenade Launcher, and it's visible on your map as a sort of hook inward and upward from the water. Hope that is less spoiler then it is helpful.

All the sharks I've seen so far were during the Sonar Collections Dock quest. They spawn almost all the time during that mission.

I was wondering if there's anything like the pigeons or the previous things that you had to do before (like spraying).

There are two quests to complete along those lines. The 50 spaceship parts to find and the letter scraps scattered around the map.

I didn't get too far with missions, just exploring and having fun with cop chases, and scoring money which is a good thing, I only made $15,000 just getting cash from armor car robberies and other NPCs. I put the Xbox aside to play and work on my PS3, what timing, eh? I got the PS3 working after several years without a drive that read any discs, it's been a damn long time actually!

All the sharks I've seen so far were during the Sonar Collections Dock quest. They spawn almost all the time during that mission.

I was wondering if there's anything like the pigeons or the previous things that you had to do before (like spraying).

There are two quests to complete along those lines. The 50 spaceship parts to find and the letter scraps scattered around the map.

That's what I'm talking about. Thank you. I'll post here if I find anything new as well.

The spaceship parts were rumored, that there'd be reference to Big Foot or something as well, but I think part of it is the fun of fan conspiracies. I believe someone at Rockstar talked them into exploring at least a nod to myths about GTA from the community and not actually making a blatant reference to it in upcoming GTA, but a nod or tip of the hat in that direction

Spaceship parts - page 372 of Brady guide.

There's a compound on the NW side of Mt Chiliad, the building furthest west has an assault shotgun,

RPG & armor. 

WARNING - Franklin & Micheal are NOT welcom here, the Altruis will try to kill them

Health is just inside the gate & also in the hanger of the air strip Trevor takes over. 

There's a SMG under the pier w/ the Ferris wheel & roller & south of that is a jetty between the marina

outlet & the beach, more armor.

Also getting into cop cars gives you a pump shotgun &/or 10 rounds.

Tip on armored trucks, when they show up parked you have a few seconds to catch the guards

outside.  Whike unarmed walk up the one in back  & coldcock him.  He drops the case saving you the

trouble of opening the truck.  If he doees load the case, run around the the driver's door before he

closes it & take the truck.  Take it to remote location & bashing into walls until it catches fire usually

dosn't get police attention & the case pops out the back.  I usually get around $5k from these.

• Like 1

I didn't realize the compound of survivalist cults might welcome Trevor as one of their own, but again, I'm really not playing this day in and day out, but I did make the rounds around the map, just not able to venture into the compound as Franklin, I wondered if you kept shooting them, would they keep spawning on the offensive?

One of the first ambient events I came upon was the armored truck, prompted to steal some quick cash, this pays off REAL well considering, I recommend you can just shoot the guards as well, there's only two of them and the cops are somewhat slow in response. You have time to blow the back door open as well, so you just need to gain access rather then steal the truck itself

Edited by BlackListedB

• 1 month later...

Alternate tactic on armored trucks, pull up behind them at a stoplight, toss a stickybomb on the back doors

& wait for the truck to start moving.  Set off the bomb, grab what falls out & ditch the cops.  If you set off the

bomb while the truck is moving the guards just run & you can avoid the firefight.  If you do this near a

Railroad tunnel you also have a quick escape.

I use this tactic routinely In GTAO & it has also worked in GTA V

• 2 weeks later...

Over on the far side of Mount Chilliad, where the lift is, the cable car? Go toward town, the factory near the train tracks, climb the water tower in that location, the one on the South side of town, there's a scope rifle there that appears like the other weapons, all the time, free, and one thing I try and do, as I open all three characters, go to these specific SP locations to fill their weapon slots, if you then fly back over the mountain range, stop at the biker park where you have your AoD shoot outs and pick up two more weapons, there's the rocket RPG found on the Noose roof right next to the helipad, I found out I had that wrong when making notes about it, it spawns on the South side, not the Northern helipad. I dunno why I missed that, but either way, it's always there, unlike GTA IV where you had to progress in the story before weapons of various types started to appear as 'freebies'

This I find is somewhat strange of Rockstar, and I believe it's just something they didn't think through. In GTA IV, you work to unlock powerful weapons, at least the scope rifle, if you swam or flew to the island on the Northern point of Algonquin, IIRC, an RPG always appeared there! You only got about 3 rounds or so per pick up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've heard there's a minigun that spawns in the control tower in Fort Zancudo,  

Also, pre customized cars will spawn in certain locations in Los Santos. One of these locations is grovestreet, and another one is an empty lot at the southeastern part of los santos, just north of a bridge. It's in the southeastern most block of los santos, They don't spawn all the time though.

And then there's that NPC with the black sentinel XS that spawns sometimes after entering a session in online and drives like crazy. I've heard he also appears in tailgaters and entity xfs, but so far I've only seen him in a black sentinel xs.

You can find submarines online, and use them to avoid getting killed by bounty hunters.  One spawns at a dock along the west side of the map, although normally a marquis will spawn here instead,  and another spawns inside the merry weather dock. There is also a larger, dismantled submarine here as well, that is a prop and can't be driven.   

Dumptrucks can be found in the quarry area, but only during the day, they won't spawn at night.

Edited by Strike9

A Combat MG, RPG, sticky bombs, and body armor can be found in the Alamo Sea amidst the wreckage of the Marryweather cargo plane following the completion of the Franklin mission "Minor Turbulence". Here's a screenshot showing the exact location of the wreckage. You'll probably need a submarine and/or scuba gear to get to it, though.

52_zps1a8da727.jpg

Edited by Spartan198