Mesa off road version

Trevor_Philips

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those who haven't finished the game, you *might* be able to grab one by keeping an empty space in Michael's house garage before starting the mission 'Meltdown', about 80% through the main storyline. Without giving anything away, you'll find at least two of these trucks parked in front of Michael's garage at one point. Just get out of your car, and drive one into the garage.

I've never tried this because I never really wanted it, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. You do have to do this pretty quickly though, but you can always fail the mission, don't retry it, and it should still be in your garage at that point.

For those who haven't finished the game, you *might* be able to grab one by keeping an empty space in Michael's house garage before starting the mission 'Meltdown', about 80% through the main storyline. Without giving anything away, you'll find at least two of these trucks parked in front of Michael's garage at one point. Just get out of your car, and drive one into the garage.

I've never tried this because I never really wanted it, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. You do have to do this pretty quickly though, but you can always fail the mission, don't retry it, and it should still be in your garage at that point.

It does. I did this to save a second one that I transferred over to Trevor and saved in the Sandy Shores garage (since the Sandking is too big to fit in it) to be my immediate access off-road "fun truck".

Maybe it's just me, I kinda thought the Sandking shoulda been Trevor's personal vehicle... or at least have him switch to it when he started makin' good money.

A step further, would have also liked to have been able to set a purchased vehicle as their personal, since personals are really the only vehicles that can't get lost...but I digress, as to not turn this into one of "those" kinds of threads. :)

Maybe it's just me, I kinda thought the Sandking shoulda been Trevor's personal vehicle... or at least have him switch to it when he started makin' good money.

A step further, would have also liked to have been able to set a purchased vehicle as their personal, since personals are really the only vehicles that can't get lost...but I digress, as to not turn this into one of "those" kinds of threads. :)

I was generally satisfied with the personal vehicle selections, but yeah, the ability to choose would have been nice. I had thought with all this talk of "car insurance", Rockstar had finally dealt with the issue of losing custom or unique vehicles so easily, but no, one of the best features of the game's free roam aspect ended up being exclusive to GTA Online. :thumbsdown:

Seriously, guys, THQ solved this problem with their very first GTA clone in Saints Row by making it so you have to actually choose to remove vehicles permanently from your garage, so it's about time GTA follows suit with this. Not saying SR is better or anything, so no need to jump down my throat about that, but come on. :bashhead:

Still got less then 30 percent on the mission side, but I've concentrated more on that, I still get sidetracked soaking everything in though, it's how I've always played GTA loving the atmosphere more then the story particulars. However, some of the story I find rather disturbing, more on that later in a topic more suited.

As for rare vehicles though, I got a comment on GTAC as I recall, about the Sabre Turbo from past GTA San Andreas, I found one, it does seem pretty rare, it showed up at an intersection near the dry SA riverbed on the Los Santos East Side, I think it was near where there's a police station with armor in a driveway on the East side (of the building) I doubt there's a spawn point, but like many GTAs in the past, pick different vehicles to aid in the spawning of others.

As for rare vehicles though, I got a comment on GTAC as I recall, about the Sabre Turbo from past GTA San Andreas, I found one, it does seem pretty rare, it showed up at an intersection near the dry SA riverbed on the Los Santos East Side, I think it was near where there's a police station with armor in a driveway on the East side (of the building) I doubt there's a spawn point, but like many GTAs in the past, pick different vehicles to aid in the spawning of others.

Actually, the Sabre Turbo was unique to Vice City, the one in SA being just a normal Sabre. But yeah, the Sabre Turbo seems to be one of the rarest vehicles in the game. I've only seen it spawn during a couple of missions. But it's no matter to me, I've come to prefer this beast.

0_0.jpg

If anyone knows how to make a Sabre spawn, though, I'm all ears.

On the PS3, I was tooling around the army airfield base and one of the personal transport trucks showed up, I knabbed it successfully but after parking just outside Franklin's garage when I'd eluded police and went to do some other task, I came back to find it had vanished. DAMMIT! Too hard to park in the driveway garage, but perhaps in the off-site storage.

Speaking of the police van, it's not gonna cost you to just get one of them during an extended police chase. I crashed mine in a ditch, and though I was stuck, until I got out of the van, no one could shoot me, a cop was getting close to my door, but he didn't attempt to pull me out, so who knows how long you can maintain that, but the van seems to take enough hits that it just goes slower and slower... before I actually got stuck

Edited by BlackListedB