First Official GTAV Gameplay Trailer!

Chris

I had some doubts about this game, they've just been cleared up.

Love the customisation of cars and it looks like there's more choice for clothes. Missions look very good, with more autonomy. 

Investing in stocks is cool, and the tennis and golf games look good. 

Can't wait. Online Multiplayer is going to be crazy.

They have done it. Holy Shit! Game of the Forever!

Edit:

Just imagine the reviews. Can it surpass IV on metacritic? Probably not, but 98 doesn't seem to far off, if Rockstar can pull this off without any bugs or game breaking errors, what a triumph.

Edited by Blur

The King is BACK! It has been amazing to witness how far Rockstar has come since the beginning of this gen with Table Tennis all the way to Red Dead and now V.

Oh those

. So good.

Via Game Informer: Grand Theft V Q&A: Gun Combat and Customization

They are trying to make everything as dynamic and fluid as possible. Great news to hear. And an interesting bit from the customization article is that some car modifications can affect gameplay including brakes, engine tuning and suspension!

Edited by Blur

I watched it at work, just as I had predicted, no more then 5 minutes long, but a whole lot of ground covered, and air, and sea! hahaha

GTA FIVE is showing what 5 years of dedicated work on old, aging console hardware can yield and it's simply jaw dropping, and awe inspiring.

No PC version in sight? No word on bringing the same game to Xbox One and PS4 have some people wondering just why? But suffice to say, as XBOX magazine started out their cover story, they plan to close development in the waning hours of CURRENT GENERATION gaming consoles with a bang!

However, it's also to the chagrin of XB360 owners that the first gameplay video is openly announced as being produced on Playstation 3

Another factoid about this though is that Sony originally helped Rockstar complete GTA IV and now it looks as though the trouble and hard work making PS3's Cell work successfully with RAGE brings the visions Sam Houser expressed at E3 in 2005 finally to fruition!!

Edited by BlackListedB

I would bet good money on a PC version.

This was posted by Rockstar, but since has been taken down.

wB1jkIS.png

Rockstar Toronton did the port for IV though, but if Max Payne is any indication they haven't forgotten about PC users. I think a May - June release for PC is plausible, 7 - 8 months after September.

Source.

That's a nice find, Blur, but more then that, one of the current game adverts (GTA5 as I recall) did list PC among platforms standards like the 360 and PS3, so many took that as an official sign as well, GTA V may well come to PC, but they have their hands full making sure the game is ready without issue on it's planned release. As the A and A (Q and A) revealed, no more delays, EVER! hahaha

What that ad suggests though is Rockstar Leeds, the former Gameboy portable staff hired to complete the Stories GTA series for Sony PSP is taking charge of PC programming hires, which to me might suggest something else.... but the PC platform covers a lot of ground, whereas, portable games programming, you'd typically expect to see experts hired more specifically to those tasks, which would include future games for PSVita as also been hoped for and expected when Sony brought out it's PSP successor

Leeds did port LA Noire to the PC, which isn't that of a brilliant effort though. But I hope if they do port GTA V to the PC they better do it the right way. Perhaps it would've been less painful if R* made their RAGE framework scalable enough that it would take less effort to port games from one platform to another, rather than end up with spaghetti code ala-RDR.

• 2 weeks later...

Right off the bat I think RDR looked like a PC game of the current ilk, so why is it a challenge to have a PC version of that and GTA V?? Don't ask me, but I do think it's required 5 years to make both games for a reason, and it's not because Rockstar are lazy, for one thing, coming from a previous history where graphics and or AI was not the strong suit of the game, it takes that much more effort and learning curve to reinvent the franchise, I think RDR from Revolver sprung-board in development seemlessly due to changes in technology and the work that was being done on it, since it's dated 2004, and basically Redemption starts in 2005, after Revolver was released, Rockstar's been constantly working on successors in secret