GTA's Multi headed angle

BlackListedB

What are your thoughts currently about GTA's multiprotagonist storyline, and my idea that it's like the previous GTA's DLC all in one issue of the game, and then what of future DLC?, sound off on these.

I saw someone raise the question about alternating characters on missions or off missions, I feel we don't know if outside of missions any dynamic character switching takes place, and the effects this all has on the realism and immersion factors?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it could be interesting. Being able to play missions from certain characters' points of view seems like it could add a fair bit of replayability beyond just the "it's fun to play" factor. As far as DLC goes, I have no idea. I can't even really make up anything to suggest other than an "Episodes from Los Santos" that puts you in control of characters that are independent of the three MCs' story. A friend of mine suggested that perhaps we'd see the addition of San Fierro and Las Venturas, but if the level of detail put into GTA IV's rendition of Liberty City is any indication, I can't see something presumably on that large a scale being done as mere DLC. I would definitely like it if it were to happen, but I don't see it happening.

You can switch characters anytime you want, whether on mission or not. Rockstar confirmed this. I thought it was common knowledge already?