First place to visit in GTA V?

gtashaun

Like others, I firmly believe no real connections from San An one to Los Santos 2, this game will share, at best, similarities to GTA IV's LC in representing New York. Makes all kind of sense logically. They don't want to do HD versions of previous games, considering the serious work effort Rockstar is known for, Aaron Garbut called that tactic 'soul destroying' so you simply won't find them going that route.

As for first place, I was thinking to follow the story line for a change, as most things unlock naturally any way, and you will likely find things more accessible that way, but they did mention that you must work to find an exotic car or airplane. That still doesn't answer what they could mean, exactly. 

Knowing YouTubers though, they always find some sorta work around for any specific objective

but they did mention that you must work to find an exotic car or airplane. That still doesn't answer what they could mean, exactly. 

Maybe carjacking won't be as simple this time around? It was made into a small minigame in Mercs 2 where you needed specific button combinations and presses for different vehicles, so maybe Rockstar went a similar route this time around?

First thing im gonna do is check out the wildlife, particularly the sharks and mountain lions. and then explore the countryside

If RDR is any indication, the wilderness might be a pretty dangerous environment this time around.

I like to think we'll be able to hitch up those gigantic trailers and attempt to scale chiliad just like we could in SA, so maybe that...

I've never actually tried that. I might go do it now. lol

The airport. While in PS2's San An, I remember cheating the fence and stealing the small airplane to buzz around the upper clouds of San Andreas, where I think the cloud animation graphics for that game were really done well, and looked fairly realistic. I think GTA V won't have the same active nature as RDR has, but it still looks impressive, even if you're a bit jaded now!

@Spartan, I think it will tie into the same effort one will have to make when it comes to money in GTA, obviously the first clue for the new GTA was just the logo they revealed with a dollar motif, and the V -5

However, I think it will be more complex then just mere spawning due to something you acquired or location, though location is thought to provide new game elements anyway

Edited by BlackListedB

• 1 month later...

I doubt there will be a Grove Street. In fact, I'm almost certain there won't be.

First thing I do will probably be explore the sea floor in a sub.

Srsly? Even though theres screenshots/trailer footage of gang bangers wearing Grove Street green? So the Grove Street Fams will be in the game, but the actual street they're named after wont be? Is that what you think? Even though theres screenshots where you can clearly see the word "Grove" spray-painted on the wall in the background?

Please explain these anomalies then, if Grove Street isnt gonna be in the game?

I doubt there will be a Grove Street. In fact, I'm almost certain there won't be.

Srsly? Even though theres screenshots/trailer footage of gang bangers wearing Grove Street green? So the Grove Street Fams will be in the game, but the actual street they're named after wont be? Is that what you think? Even though theres screenshots where you can clearly see the word "Grove" spray-painted on the wall in the background?

Shout outs and easter eggs. Plain and simple.

So the gang thats in the game who wear green - what do you think they'll be called?

So the gang thats in the game who wear green - what do you think they'll be called?

The Greenie Beanies, maybe? I don't know what they'll be called and, like you, won't find out until September 17th, unless Rockstar reveals it between now and then. They're most likely an all new gang given the same colors as a shout out to GSF. If they do turn out to be a second-generation GSF, then whoopy for you. But I highly doubt it and wearing green isn't any kind of proof.

The Greenie Beanies, maybe? I don't know what they'll be called and, like you, won't find out until September 17th, unless Rockstar reveals it between now and then. They're most likely an all new gang given the same colors as a shout out to GSF. If they do turn out to be a second-generation GSF, then whoopy for you. But I highly doubt it and wearing green isn't any kind of proof.

"They're most likely an all new gang given the same colors as a shout out to GSF" - seriously?

So the guys in purple in the trailers/screenshots, do you think they were given the same colours as the Ballas' as a "shout out" aswell?

So we're gonna have two ALL-NEW gangs in GTA V, but they're gonna be using the EXACT SAME COLOURS as Grove Street and the Ballas'?

No, neither of us will know until September, but all the signs and all the logic points to both GSF and the Ballas' being in the game. Absolutely none of the signs and zero of the logic point towards these being new gangs that are just wearing the exact same colours as the old gangs as a

"shout out". Sounds like pretty desperate reasoning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"They're most likely an all new gang given the same colors as a shout out to GSF" - seriously?

So the guys in purple in the trailers/screenshots, do you think they were given the same colours as the Ballas' as a "shout out" aswell?

So we're gonna have two ALL-NEW gangs in GTA V, but they're gonna be using the EXACT SAME COLOURS as Grove Street and the Ballas'?

No, neither of us will know until September, but all the signs and all the logic points to both GSF and the Ballas' being in the game. Absolutely none of the signs and zero of the logic point towards these being new gangs that are just wearing the exact same colours as the old gangs as a

"shout out". Sounds like pretty desperate reasoning.

You're right, there's no proof that they aren't GSF or Ballas, but at the same time, there's no real proof that they are either unless you're in possession of some leaked GTA V sound clip referring specifically to them by those names, which is highly unlikely. In GTA IV, Packie frequently wears green and I can also dress Niko up in green, I guess that must mean GSF is also hiding somewhere in Liberty City then? There are Jamaican and Hispanic gangs in GTA IV as well, but they aren't the Yardies and Diablos from GTA III, are they? There are biker gangs in GTA IV, but they're not Mitch Baker's crew or the White Stallionz from Vice City, are they? There are umpteen mafia families in GTA IV, but none are the Leones or Forellis.

Why on earth couldn't the use of those colors be easter eggs? There's no law preventing Rockstar from using them for new gangs, after all.

Edited by Spartan198

• 3 weeks later...

Gangs in GTA V will be a nod to San Andreas of old, but to expect the exact same San Andreas in an HD reboot is just ludicrous, since they've clearly said no, right from ROCKSTAR's own mouth, This is fact. The game is not an HD revisioning right off the same universe of the past GTA, it's taking some familiar family franchise jumping off points and expounding on them in an entirely new fictional setting for Southern California. Vinewood, for instance, is part and parcel of the Rockstar Universe, and even Candy Suxxx is expected to show up, as we know Love Fist will based on screenshot of Trevor's shirt in a night rain still shot. 

This is what ties the Rockstar GTA universe together, but to get into specifics defeats the long hard work process of making a new game, and not the same old game over again

Vinewood, for instance, is part and parcel of the Rockstar Universe, and even Candy Suxxx is expected to show up, as we know Love Fist will based on screenshot of Trevor's shirt in a night rain still shot.

I hardly think Love Fist's logo on a couple of t-shirts constitutes proof that they'll physically appear in the game. Same goes for Candy Suxxx (though you'll have to point me to where she's been spotted in images or trailers, because I haven't seen her). The musician Crow, from the GTA3 Era, was advertised on a billboard in Alderney in GTA4, yet he didn't physically appear in the game.