Utility Van Mods?

CurteisXPS

I want to find a Utility Van mod that's a RangeRover/LandDrover....I don't want the pickup trucks that I always seem to find....If anybody has one or knows of a link/website could you please comment it :) RangeRovers/LandDrovers are my favorite vehicle and I love it! I love pulling caravans and trailers along too...But I can only ever find a pickup truck, Please don't post a SAMI car mod that's the RangeRover/Landdrover that replaces a different vehicle to the Utility Van

You can replace any vanilla car with any mod car, as long as you quit being lazy and install the mods manually. Seriously, is it that hard? The authors even provide clear instructions on how to do that, even though installing a vehicle mod is easier than boiling an egg...

Edited by TUN3R

I think where you're going wrong is with the replacing of the handling lines, i'm pretty sure that's where the whole towing thing gets calculated by the game. Try installing a mod to replace the towtruck (renaming the files of the mod etc) but without changing over the handling lines and let us know if that solves anything.

Tuna, if you're literally incapable of even offering someone advice without insulting them then please do the world a favour.

• Like 1

I think where you're going wrong is with the replacing of the handling lines, i'm pretty sure that's where the whole towing thing gets calculated by the game. Try installing a mod to replace the towtruck (renaming the files of the mod etc) but without changing over the handling lines and let us know if that solves anything.

Tuna, if you're literally incapable of even offering someone advice without insulting them then please do the world a favour.

Thanks for actually being helpful! :) I've not been "modding" as such for a long time...So I don't really know how to change the handling ect...I know after you choose the mod it says the Color & Handling or something? I've tried editing them befor but they didn't "delete" as such...If you could explain how to it would be a real help :) Thanks:)

Never mind...You just "double click" it hahaha!, But I still don't understand what you mean by replacing the handling lines...The handling lines of the range rover or of the tow truck? I'm not very smart...Sorry -.--

I just want a RangeRover with the towing abilities, I never knew it would be so complicated, I've Google'd so many times "Range rover utility van mod" and stuff along those lines and not found a single thing :/ Somebody should make one!!

Sorry for replying 3 times to 1 topic reply, I'm just happy somebody has actually replied with help! :P

Thanks

NP, merged posts. :)

I think the biggest favour you can do yourself at this point id learning to mod without SAMI -  it's really not hard, and opens the door to alot more freedom and the ability to achieve the sort of results you're looking for. One of our admins Gerard wrote this thread a long time ago but it's still hugely relevant and useful.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/topic/5959-sa-modding-guide/

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to give any car the ability to tow by leaving the handling/cfg files unchanged after you install a mod, instead of replacing the lines. This means your range rover will handle like a towtruck but will keep the towing, but you can change the handling later on once you learn the values that the handling file uses. Which usefully are explained here.

edit: i know it's kinda hard to get your head around at first, but investing the time to learn pays off.

• Like 1

I think the biggest favour you can do yourself at this point id learning to mod without SAMI -  it's really not hard, and opens the door to alot more freedom and the ability to achieve the sort of results you're looking for. One of our admins Gerard wrote this thread a long time ago but it's still hugely relevant and useful.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to give any car the ability to tow by leaving the handling/cfg files unchanged after you install a mod, instead of replacing the lines. This means your range rover will handle like a towtruck but will keep the towing, but you can change the handling later on once you learn the values that the handling file uses. Which usefully are explained here.

edit: i know it's kinda hard to get your head around at first, but investing the time to learn pays off.

I feel like such an idiot :/ None of this makes sense haha, I know how to add/replace files with IMGTool...I know how to use SAMI....But changing the handling of a specific car makes no sense to me..The only way I could think of what you're trying to explain to me is if I get the handling id line  from the towtruck, And pasting it into the Rangerover id line, But I bet that's wrong too lol :)

Thanks

When I try my theory of using the handling line from the Utility van, And placing it in the handling line of the RangeRover...It comes up its not for the game or something... :/