GTA IV not starting

A few months back i won this game in a contest and when i'm trying to launch it i get a box saying: GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Game needs to be launched using LaunchGTAIV.exe. But when i am launching from there get the same message. What do i do?! Help would be appreciated. ~pothnozz  

Get a better crack. Patch the game first if you haven't, then get the crack for the apropriate version.

Where can i find the patch?

I think you can get it off Google, but if that fails there should be a torrent for the updates as well somewhere. I think you only need the newest one (1.0.7.0 GTA IV and 1.1.2.0 EFLC) but I'd install all of them one by one just to be sure.

EDIT: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Patch.shtml

Edited by TUN3R

By God, man, just buy a legit copy of the game, it's well within reasonable price limits. The reason software is sky high price wise, and not catering to PC anymore is theft, plain and simple. Until you commit to buy software, it will always cost the developer and in turn, effect pricing. Expecting everything for free is not the answer, a lot of hard work and man hours go into game creation. Obvious example is over several years for one outing of GTA (5).

I bought all my copies, didn't 'win' anything, but they all work as needed. I'd say, if you won from a source you know, let them know about the issue!

By God, man, just buy a legit copy of the game, it's well within reasonable price limits. The reason software is sky high price wise, and not catering to PC anymore is theft, plain and simple. Until you commit to buy software, it will always cost the developer and in turn, effect pricing. Expecting everything for free is not the answer, a lot of hard work and man hours go into game creation. Obvious example is over several years for one outing of GTA (5).

I bought all my copies, didn't 'win' anything, but they all work as needed. I'd say, if you won from a source you know, let them know about the issue!

You have no idea what piracy is nor how it affects the software and entertainment companies (who by the way, are bigger crooks than anybody who pirates software or robs banks for a living). If the companies gave us what we paid for we wouldn't need to pirate their junk or wait till the price drops to 30% of the original.

A wise man once said "Piracy isn't theft. Imagine your car being stolen one night, only it's still there in the morning."

But regarless, it's not your problem what he spends or doesn't spend his money on, so mind your own business (and wallet).

@the dude who asked for help

Ignore the moron, I have no idea what's causing the crash but if you have no mods and if your PC is up to the task of running it, I'm pretty sure it's the game version or the crack (or both).

Edited by TUN3R

• 3 weeks later...

Tun3r, I was in software before you were born, don't even TRY to preach to me or lay claim to what you don't know. I was an APPLE II user since the 70s, and I know first hand about pirated software

Which makes it even more shameful that you don't know anything about it. And cut the "I'm older than you" crap, if you've spent most of those years worshipping GTA (and whatever was before it) then odds are my 5 year old cousin can beat you in any contest. With age doesn't come wisdom just cause some f***ing Christian book said it.

Edited by TUN3R

Again, don't even try to overstep your bounds of knowledge. I know modding from reading online and offline, I'm not claiming first hand all my knowledge, or ANYTHING that isn't true. If I'm wrong on anything, I'd admit as much. I'm not a child abusing the Internets

On the topic of any version that's legit and doesn't start, you've reserved your legitimate right as such to get a remedy from the service, store, or company.

If you choose to steal software, expect NO FAVORS

:spam::bannage:

Chris, hopefully you'll put your foot down at some point. It's hard not to be combative, or out and out ignore Tun3r here, but this is uncalled for behavior on HIS part

There's a Report tab for a reason, but I guess it doesn't apply to attention seeking fanboys.