Vice City Out Now on the PSN Store

Chris

actual_1358556114.jpg

As we reported last week, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is now available for download on the PlayStation Store, completing the GTA trilogy's availability on the platform. Released yesterday in North America and today across the rest of the globe, the game will set you back £7.99 ($9.99 / €9,99) with the download weighing in at around 3.5GB.

Like Rockstar's other PS2 Classics releases, Vice City doesn't feature remastered HD graphics, trophies, or any other enhancements, but PS3 players who don't own a model supporting backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 titles will be grateful for this release.

Rockstar have promised more of their classic titles will be released "very soon".

• 4 weeks later...

I still wonder about things I read with the PS3 having the original offspring 40GB in two variations, one with backward compatibility, I will be taking the plunge soon on a new BluRay optical laser for my system, which follows one of two model numbers

For PSN, it's nice to have downloads where the BD drive is not required, but I also have my PS2 and got it from the Goodwill after two prior system up and died, I either paid $10 US dollars or $15.00 for it. It works perfectly. I would like to use the Firewire port on it though.... if it worked like modern machines with their fancy Firmware! haha

I haven't seen Vice City Stories for PS2 around at all here, and I've been looking! What gives??? haha

Edited by BlackListedB