#1 GBC07

GBC07

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Brazil 

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hello, guys
Well, i downloaded a skin to cj, is the Deadpool. Then, in this have just 2 archives, like deadpool.dff and deadpool.txd.
So, i dont know what to replace to put this skin into game.
Please, help me to do this!
Thanks.

Edited by GBC07, 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#2 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Installing Mods

There are a number of ways you can install mods. The first is manually (using the dffs and txds), and another is using GGMM (GTA Garage Mod Manager) which is an quicker way to install mods

Manually Installing a car into San Andreas PC v1
This is the most common and popular type of modding, for one of the most popular games of all time.

The basic steps are as follows:
Download and extract the mod, replace the DFF and TXD into gta3.img (If backing up, rename the files you are replacing in gta3.img first, for example, from dumper.dff to dumper_old.dff), replace the lines in handling.cfg, carcols.dat, default.ide, vehicles.ide and carmods.dat (If such replacement files/lines are included in the mod), run the game and test the mod.

So...

1. Extract the mod file(s) to a folder...
2. Open GTA3.IMG with IMG Tool 2, and find the file you want to replace. Rename it for backup.
3. Use the Command/Add option and add the file you extracted in Step 1 to gta3.img.

Instead, the file you'll be looking for in this case is player.IMG, not gta3.img.

Hope this helped, if you need any further info I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#3 grannygamer

grannygamer

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • United States 

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

I am modding CJ also; did everything like you said.  Now, PS2 says disk not recognized insert PS2 format disk.  Burned the mod onto DVD+R with Nero.  Got any suggestions?  Tried twice using new disks to no avail. 

#4 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

You'll need a chipped / modded console to read non -official disks. Unfortunately since this practice can lead to piracy in some cases we can't offer support much further than that. There are, however, many console modding forums out there which i recommend you turn to for your specific needs.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#5 RohitMondal2

RohitMondal2

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • India 

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I opened player .img ... There are many files ... Which one do I have to replace ?? I have only 2 files in the downloaded skin mod .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users