Photo
- - - - -

I have really broken my game by modding it....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheGabe

TheGabe

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •    England 

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah I ruined my copy of GTASA by trying to apply the ENB series graphical overhaul when I really have no idea how to mod the game.... A rookie mistake I know but anyway.
So I've uninstalled the game, and before I reinstall and ruin the game again I would like to ask how to apply the mod properly. The instructions included with the mod assume a certain level of knowledge which, as I have never tried to mod SA before, I lack. Also, when I downgraded to V1 I got a disc missing error when I tried to run the game (I use an...... alternative... copy, shall we say). Is there anything that can be done about this or shall I have to go legit?
Cheers for your time people I appreciate it.

#2 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

We don't make a habit of supporting people who have acquired the game in the same way as you seem to have. When you can buy the game for just shy of 7 quid from the likes of Amazon, or use services like steam it seems a little obnoxious.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#3 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

You can't break your MASTER COPY of San An or any legit game, just re-install from the disc, I bought all mine, never downloaded a full game yet. They had to be relatively affordable and accessible since I pinch my pennies to be sure!

Any saved games from a Cheat enacted [console] version of GTA's prior effected that game indefinitely, it was thought as intended, not sure why exactly, but it comes with the territory I'd say! haha, you pay a price for 'cheating'. The rule of thumb I'd follow is make a unique copy install of the game for testing things, the procedure would only require a blank HDD disk to start off on from scratch, there are plenty of those around

Edited by BlackListedB, 14 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#4 TheGabe

TheGabe

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •    England 

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Alright Llama calm down I was only asking.
And cheers BlackListedB I'll just have to be more cautious in future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users