• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well I've never had a stable job but I did have my fair share of asshole bosses and I don't think I ever expected the client to take the fall for that.

There's a difference between an asshole boss and a boss who actively expects you to do things that they themselves inhibit you from doing (though these categories aren't mutually exclusive). I experience it 5 days a week.

This crap isn't cheap, someone is profiting off it, that someone has to deliver.

They are delivering. To shareholders. That's their primary concern; how much of that comprises delivering a well optimized game changes on a case by case basis.

Yes, because they are well optimized. Something big time developers can't be bothered to do.

Circular logic is circular. Also flawed. You just said 'nope' and expected it to pass as an argument there.

Protecting their investment so they can dump more cash into the Xbox*

'Tis what I was getting at.

In a fantasy world, maybe.

Now you're being obtuse.

Take Worms Revolution for example. It has the look and feel of an indie game but somehow I can't run it at maximum frame rate...

Wouldn't be surprised if this game is built off the previous 'modern' worms titles such as reloaded, golf and whatnot and thus has alot of shit chugging away in the background that they don't really need. It's indicative of a low budget and fast turnaround task given by the guys upstairs.

Something big time developers can't be bothered to do.

Refer to my aforementioned arguments. Then refute them with no contrary points other than 'nope' again.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#22 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Well I've never had a stable job but I did have my fair share of asshole bosses and I don't think I ever expected the client to take the fall for that.

There's a difference between an asshole boss and a boss who actively expects you to do things that they themselves inhibit you from doing (though these categories aren't mutually exclusive). I experience it 5 days a week.

Even better.

This crap isn't cheap, someone is profiting off it, that someone has to deliver.

They are delivering. To shareholders. That's their primary concern; how much of that comprises delivering a well optimized game changes on a case by case basis.

Like I give a fuck about shareholders, you shouldn't ether. Hey Llama I'm curious, have you ever filed a complaint or asked for a refund in your life? Or do you just go like "meh" if you buy a toaster and realize it doesn't make toast?

Yes, because they are well optimized. Something big time developers can't be bothered to do.

I'm out of arguments.

I was hours ago, you win this round, aquaman..

Protecting their investment so they can dump more cash into the Xbox*

'Tis what I was getting at.

As was I. The difference is I'm not treating it as a good thing.

In a fantasy world, maybe.

Now you're being obtuse.

Cry me a river.

Take Worms Revolution for example. It has the look and feel of an indie game but somehow I can't run it at maximum frame rate...

Wouldn't be surprised if this game is built off the previous 'modern' worms titles such as reloaded, golf and whatnot and thus has alot of shit chugging away in the background that they don't really need. It's indicative of a low budget and fast turnaround task given by the guys upstairs.

And normally you'd be correct, but for once they actually built a game from strach, if we don't take planning and desgin into consideration. Though there's never been much of that in Worms games...

Something big time developers can't be bothered to do.

Really, I'm out of arguments.

Aquaman, you truly have earned your place as my nemesis!

#23 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users