TGTAP's 10th Anniversary

Chris

logo10years.png

Vice City isn't the only thing turning 10 this year, The GTA Place is too. And it's because of that game this site even exists!

After a couple of years of browsing (on my trusty 56k connection) various old school GTA fansites, of which only a handful still exist today, I realised I wanted to make my own. And so I did, 10 years ago today I got my first ever website online, inspired by how mind-blowingly awesome Vice City was (and GTA III before it), I made it about GTA. The site was awful. But I persevered after teaching myself various web technologies and gradually made the site better and better. Ten years on and we have ourselves a great website, but there is still work to be done!

Anyway, I won't bore anyone with a super long post about the site's history (because that can be read here), basically just wanted to extend a huge thank you to Rockstar Games for creating some of the greatest videogames of our time, ones which inspired me to create this resource. To the staff past and present for helping us out. And to you, the fans, every single one of you who visits this place and keeps it alive. Even if you're one of those people who tells his friends "lol just go to TGTAP and download loads of mods" and so he does and then we never see you again. Ever. We're cool with that too, so thanks for spreading the word!

So, thanks for the last decade everyone! No one really knows how many more years Grand Theft Auto has in it, I personally suspect quite a damn lot, and you get bet your collective arse we'll be here til the end!

We're very much looking forward to GTA V now, and hope to see many new faces around the place, and many old ones too.

Oh did I say there would be delicious cake? Well, the cake is a lie, the cake is real, but our resident MSPaint'ing cake amateur expert Evo has decided to be on vacation... or something... but I have his word that he will make one upon his return. If you're desperate you could try some of last year's cake but be warned, it's probably gone off now*.

* TGTAP cannot be held responsible for any ill-health resulting from the consumption of year-old crappy MSPaint cake.

• Like 1

Hey Chris, I appreciate you making friendly gestures to the GTAForums blacklisted members, of course my name alludes to that, I couldn't manage a 10 year anniversary there, but I will here if you let me! I'm 46 this year, and let me tell you, no regrets on living those early years, just wished I'd been more aware of the super cool, pop culture, not the culture we can handily disregard, of course!

GTA feels like it's also that 10 years of most significant growth, and there's plenty more where that came from!!!!

I've no doubt Grand Theft Auto was basically the jumping off point for Rockstar Games to expound on such a landmark, groundbreaking open-world game, in fact, until GTA V, I still think Red Dead Redemption is the ultimate culmination in that goal thus far!

I never say that just to sound as if I'm knocking GTA's hype down, but I think RDR is basically the best of all Rockstar Games elements in one game franchise, even with only two outings and a killer DLC pack! WOW, just Wow

Very good site at the moment, not much more really needs to be done I think

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1

For some odd reason I didn't notice the amp, but what is Gerard doing playing an acoustic guitar through an electric amp?! It's possible, but just the same. I thought it might be me, having owned about 7 guitars at one time! haha (back in the economically sound daze)

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 months later...

Aside from I'm Always Mr. Right commenting on everything these days (Tun3r), I'd say this is still one of the friendliest GTA sites, you don't have to be mean by nature to be a gamer or fan of GTA. I bend the occasional rules, or law, even spent some hours in actual JAIL with a mug shot to boot, but GTA is the best place to exercise such demons, wouldn't you say???

• 3 weeks later...