DO NOT say I'm not making sense without explaining your way of thinking and/or perception, I know what I typed, dude, it's not a bunch of nonsense, help me to help you get it straight in your mind. I have Aspergers and I'm told that presents some communication difficulty, but I know what I typed, for gosh sakes!
You just did. Sorry to hear about it.
2K is part of Take 2 Interactive I assumed, though I just didn't do research enough on that, but what I told as the basics history of GTA, Rockstar, and DMA is all based on fact, not whimsical fanboy musings.
I keep reading Rockstar's Newswire like most of us, they don't single out PC gamers when it comes time to do some Multiplayer events, they never really addressed PC gaming deficiencies because I doubt you'd make a point of areas where YOU have difficulty and can't show your OWN best side, would you?
It's already pretty obvious how thin your research was.
FYI: Facts are ether the real things that you back up with proof or the real things that are so obvious even the CIA couldn't contest them, not the subjective fanboy BS.
Would you handily admit your own deficiencies?! This is why I believe Rockstar don't make an open issue of the PC versus console releases they've done so far, or continue to do.
So... they don't make them, but they used to, and they still are? You wanted proof that your articulation sucks, here it is, with the pretty colors and everything.
I'm being unbiased on this, not choosing sides, PC or console, I just choose console gaming for the same reasons millions of other gamers also do. I challenge you to walk into Gamestop and find a PC section nearly as large as any ONE console variety section in the store, I've yet to see one. The PC section of the store in Minneapolis is about 4 shelf spaces at best! Target has more PC games, but most are basic, no-name games, not A-list titles, or even ones available on console, so it just presents something more of a head-scratcher for ya.
I won't find one. Mainly because we don't have Gamestop here, but also because, PC gaming at least, evolved to the point where CD's or DVD's that you can scratch or lose have become very unpractical.
Now I dare you to find me a bigger / better digital distribution service than Steam on PC / Mac. Hell, I doubt you'll even find a better digital distributor on consoles than Origin on PC...
I also dare you to compare the best selling game franchises and see which of them sold most. I know you're too lazy to even do a proper research before getting your fanboy on, so allow me to lay down the facts for you. Here's the Top 10, excluding Mario, Pokemon and Tetris, since those existed waaay before gaming even became a serious industry, Tom Clancy's series because they aren't just one series, it's just that the person behind them was smart enough to put his name in the title of every single one, and Final Fantasy because it has more games than I care to or can affor to count and compare.
3. The Sims (Over 102 milion copies worldwide, new release every year AVERAGE, not actually every year. It has only a handful of games but more than a ton of expansions that were distributed and costed as much as the games, yet they sold. Mainly a PC series, 90% of sales being for the PC versions)
6. Grand Theft Auto (over 80 milion copies worldwide), new release every 2 years average, mainly Sony, Xbox and Windows PC platforms, sold in almost equal amounts on every platform but keep in mind that most PC versions came out a few months after the console versions)
7. Madden NFL (over 70 miion copies worldwide, new release every year since 1988, almost every popular platform, no particularly high sales on any platform)
8. FIFA (over 65 milion copies worldwide, new release every year since 1993, shitload of platforms, but for the most part the Sony platforms' versions seem to have sold best, most sites estimate around 2/5 of the copies were sold on PS3, 1/5 on Xbox, about the same on Nintendo and the last bit on all the other platforms)
9. Legend of Zelda (over 52 milion copies worldwide, new release every 1.5 years average, multiple platforms but all Nintendo,)
I've done my homework. Good luck.
Edited by TUN3R, 02 January 2013 - 12:56 AM.