PSP vs. PS2?

SlickVic

6 members have voted

1. 1. PSP vs. PS2

• PSP
    • PS2

PS2 is the ultimate for it's time, in gaming it's impressive as all hell... the system as a whole, Sony came on with Playstation 1 and no real hardware history prior... to steal the show and create it's own competition and the marketplace in the wake of Atari and Intellivision. Having the dual analog controller really makes me think of Sony first, their portable device had to make room for the wireless module internally, and I think at the time, it meant having only one analog stick. PS Vita is how it should be, and a proper gaming portable. Though I lack one as of the moment, there's no question I plan to own one eventually, but I'd like to see some more software, it's lagging, and seriously worrisome I think.

The original or MAIN question is regarding just GTA Vice City Stories, I like it enough, though not complete, I feel it's a let down, as is CTW from having the series franchise evolve, it goes back to a bygone era in gaming, but allowing portables the same GTA experience it succeeds

Liberty City Stories did probably garner more gameplay from me, just because GTA III needs a serious facelift, no matter how little it was, it did improve somewhat on the original game. To me, the earliest GTAs make the best improvements to a portable device in the modern era, HELLO PSVITA!! In other words, still need a proper GTA for the latest, greatest handheld

Edited by BlackListedB

• 3 weeks later...

As far as hardware, the PS2 is something of a workhorse game machine, despite games coming to an end, the lifespan of the hardware itself will extend beyond PS3's use on the market to when PS4 finally bows. PSP is stacking up in the used market, the thing hurting PSP and VITA is probably the extent of software titles, UMD's downside as far as films was Dolby Digital and DTS were not supported, for a video out port or even a SPDIF output via headphone jack could work to give it just the right attributes for a portable video machine that can be an on the go software player you can attach to any various monitors that are compatible, even older units. For laptops, the SPDIF output works much the same way, you connect to an available surround system with one optical cable and you're in like Flynn!

• 2 weeks later...

Dual analog FTW, there's not even a question, but for portable Sony Playstation titles, you only have two choices, PSP and PSVita, it is what it is, which is not a bad thing.

A recent article I came across was how to revive the PSVita, some grand plan to 'relaunch' it, well, here's the thing... it's SOFTWARE that drives the hardware, unlike actual new consoles, the public at large won't be going ga-ga over portable game platforms, only things like tablets and phones that serve non gaming purposes. BUT for gamers, these products will AWAYS be of interest, I've no doubt. The only re-launch there needs to be is a long software life-cycle!

ALWAYS the case!

More specific to Vice City as a stand out location and story, and TIME frame for GTA, many people think Vita or PS3/XB360 should host a Hi Def version of the game, but the studio heads had eschewed such notions. Until we saw Los Santos is GTA V, everyone really had no idea they might use locations over in the Hi-resolution sense, am I wrong? What I'd like to know from you guys is what reasons do you think any one GTA is the worst? Is it down to one or two key things?

I felt GTA2 is the worst, in general there's some consensus backing that up

Edited by BlackListedB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...