Trainer for GTAVC on Steam

kokane

Hey guys!

I have Vice City on Steam. Some missions piss me off so I need some particular cheats. I installed the ultimate Trainer but most of the cheats won't work and they crash my game.

When I start the trainer I get an error message: "You are using a version of GTAVice the trainer was not designed for. This is UNSUPPORTED and may not function correctly", and it does indeed not function correctly.

I tried to install the patch but it didn't work. So is there a way to make the Trainer work with the Steam version of the game?

I don't think it's a problem with the Steam version of the game, most likely with the OS. Personally I could never get those trainers to work, they always threw that kind of error, so I'm not sure. Try Windows XP/98 compatibility on VC and the trainer or something, but it could be something with the OS itself, even though I dunno what you're using.

I think it almost certainly is. The trainer worked flawlessly with the 1.1 patch. The steam version is patched on top of this. Needs to be downgraded to 1.1 for the trainer to work I believe. Which is difficult because I'm not aware of a downgrader anywhere. Manually doing it may not work due to Steam recognising it as out of date and subsequently auto-updating and overwriting it again.

I searched the google for your prob but i am afraid some mods and trainers wont work on the steam versions of the game and will only work on the retailed version of the game(available at stores) and the only patch available at R* website is for fixing the graphics. You have to manually enter all the creats.

I think it almost certainly is. The trainer worked flawlessly with the 1.1 patch. The steam version is patched on top of this. Needs to be downgraded to 1.1 for the trainer to work I believe. Which is difficult because I'm not aware of a downgrader anywhere. Manually doing it may not work due to Steam recognising it as out of date and subsequently auto-updating and overwriting it again.

Hmm, that's odd, I never got it to work properly on Windows 7 with the GTA VC 1.0 or 1.1.

Vice City is much easier then GTA III for a regular play thru without any cheating, if you look on YouTube, some handy guides exist for the sticking points. Way back when I had to race Hillary in the game, I was stuck and short on patience, but one YT noted trick works by cutting his car off at the parking ramp, then you can continue on to score a needed lead in the race