Ride the Rockets!

Boonqueesha

Hey guys, I recently made a cheat for San Andreas in my off time. It lets you "ride" rockets and molotovs (probably grenades and other thrown items too, I haven't tested it). It's written in ASM and I'm not finished with my trainer, so if you want to use it, you'll have to modify the memory yourself with a program like CheatEngine. Enjoy!

BTW, the music is a total inside joke between my brother and I, so please don't take offense.

Ride the Rockets!
0060DA0E - E9 5D2BDFFF			    - jmp 00400570
00400570 - 55						 - push ebp
00400571 - 54						 - push esp
00400572 - 51						 - push ecx
00400573 - 52						 - push edx
00400574 - 50						 - push eax
00400575 - A1 B8F3B600			    - mov eax,[00B6F3B8]
0040057A - 85 C0					  - test eax,eax
0040057C - 74 26					  - je 004005A4
0040057E - 8B 40 14				   - mov eax,[eax+14]
00400581 - 85 C0					  - test eax,eax
00400583 - 74 1F					  - je 004005A4
00400585 - 8B 0D BC91C800			 - mov ecx,[00C891BC]
0040058B - 85 C9					  - test ecx,ecx
0040058D - 74 15					  - je 004005A4
0040058F - 89 48 30				   - mov [eax+30],ecx
00400592 - 8B 0D C091C800			 - mov ecx,[00C891C0]
00400598 - 89 48 34				   - mov [eax+34],ecx
0040059B - 8B 0D C491C800			 - mov ecx,[00C891C4]
004005A1 - 89 48 38				   - mov [eax+38],ecx
004005A4 - 58						 - pop eax
004005A5 - 5A						 - pop edx
004005A6 - 59						 - pop ecx
004005A7 - 5C						 - pop esp
004005A8 - 5D						 - pop ebp
004005A9 - 0FBE D1				    - movsx edx,cl
004005AC - 6B D2 1C				   - imul edx,edx,1C
004005AF - E9 60D42000			    - jmp 0060DA14

• Like 1

This is kinda cool. Does it work with heatseeking rockets? :P

Also..the song... oO

Haha, it actually does! So if you lock onto a helicopter, you can ride it all the way up to take it out! :D Unfortunately, I've only memorized the cheat for a specific weapon set that doesn't have the heat seekers. :(

Yeah, I originally made the video to show my brother, but figured I would bust into the scene with it. I showed him a video prior to this one that had the same song and he hated it, so I figured I would use it here. :P

I think you can convert this to CLEO since the latter toolset can accept assembly afaik.

Ironically, I don't know anything about CLEO. I have it installed on my computer, but no idea what it does. I'm more of a reverse engineering type of guy. If someone wants to convert it to CLEO, that'd be great. I spent the last few days working on a rapid fire too. So I have all the weapons fully rapid. It's neat, I'll post a video soon and maybe someone can convert that one as well.

Edited by Boonqueesha
  • Like 1

Haha, this is actually awesome, I wonder how no one has come up with this idea yet. Very inventive indeed, must be fun with heat seeking rockets. Good job.

Hey thanks broseph, glad you found it fun. I'm always trying to come up with new ideas with games like these. The possibilities are endless! :D

• Like 1

I think you can convert this to CLEO since the latter toolset can accept assembly afaik.

Ironically, I don't know anything about CLEO. I have it installed on my computer, but no idea what it does. I'm more of a reverse engineering type of guy. If someone wants to convert it to CLEO, that'd be great. I spent the last few days working on a rapid fire too. So I have all the weapons fully rapid. It's neat, I'll post a video soon and maybe someone can convert that one as well.

Ohh. I don't know much about coding, but CLEO's actually an extender allowing external SCM scripts to be run without affecting the main game logic. For example you can spawn a car using an external CLEO script instead of messing with main.scm and having to start the game from the top again.

As for reverse-engineering things, how skilled are you when it comes to that rather fine art? Do you do file formats as well?

Ohh. I don't know much about coding, but CLEO's actually an extender allowing external SCM scripts to be run without affecting the main game logic. For example you can spawn a car using an external CLEO script instead of messing with main.scm and having to start the game from the top again.

As for reverse-engineering things, how skilled are you when it comes to that rather fine art? Do you do file formats as well?

I spent four years reverse engineering PSP games, but there weren't nearly as many tools available for that as there are for the PC. I've also spent a couple years of my life studying game design and even writing my own 2D games. So when it comes to reverse engineering, I have a pretty good grasp on how to locate things and modify them to my advantage. Everything I find, I log. This enables me to map the memory and get a good idea for where I can find stuff in the future. For example, I started working on making my bullets explode like RPGs this morning, and I thought the best place to start would be to find the function that determines what type of item to throw, launch or fire. I remembered that, while looking for Rapid Fire, I found a code that made special weapons (flamethrowers, RPGs, spray paints, etc.) fire actual bullets instead of their respective types of "ammo." I started there, and much to my surprise, right above the instruction I modified to achieve that effect was a call to a function pointer. Low and behold the function pointers point to the functions for firing whatever type of ammo you're currently trying to fire. About an hour of tracing and comparing later, I made a cheat to make all weapons fire rockets. It's amazing to use on the jetpack! I'm pretty excited about this one because, theoretically, I can now make any weapon shoot any type of ammo I want. I'm going to try molotovs next! :D

[media=]

[/media]

As for reverse engineering file formats, I've never been good with decryption. I'm a fan of writing my own algorithms to encrypt data, but I don't know anything about decryption. I don't find it all that interesting either. I'm better with busting open CheatEngine and staring at a game's ASM for hours on end. Don't ask me why. :thumbsup:

Edit: Got it!

Edited by Boonqueesha
  • Like 1