What is your favourite computer manufacturer?

What is your favourite computer manufacturer?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite computer manufacturer?

• Dell
    • Acer
    • Asus
    • Lenovo
    • HP
    • Apple
    • Sony
    • Toshiba
    • Samsung
    • Panasonic
    • Compaq
    • Other

• 3 months later...

I voted for Acer due to the hardware feature set, certainly not their support or service, They have said they hope to duplicate Apple's success, but no one has, and they compete more with HP/Compaq

I favor Dell on the account of their OS restore software, it covers all Dells pretty much, though later then XP, you require a COA be registered second hand, prior, all machines came with a COA, and if it wasn't XP, that made no never mind, you could still restore any XP OS variety.

Two things as of late, XP coming to the end of Microsoft life cycle support, and the PC market being in dire straights for the past few years, this market is still under duress. How well can tech evolve? MS hopes to take on Apple iPad with their new Surface tablet and Windows 8, under ARM and Intel power. We shall see how this all pans out

May move to ASUS laptops in the future, if you use HP computers since 2004 or so, good chance you have Asustek under the hood! GO LOOK, see for yourself!

Edited by BlackListedB

• 3 weeks later...

I've dropped my Acer more then once, I can say, it's tough though case in plastic, There are broken casing elements but it works, so ....YEAH Kudos to that design ... mine being Gemstone / BMW

I point to Dell who bought Alienware, after I see an Alienware I can move my Acer HDDs to that supports SLi laptop graphics system. That should be serious gaming for older gen parts!!

• 1 month later...

Actually my Favourite Computer Manufacture is Acer, because Acer Inc.is a Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation headquartered in Xizhi, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Acer's products include desktop and laptop PCs, tablet computers, servers, storage devices, displays, smartphones and peripherals. It also provides e-business services to businesses, governments and consumers. Acer is the fourth largest PC maker in the world.

In the early 2000s, Acer implemented a new business model, shifting from a manufacturer to a designer, marketer and distributor of products, while performing production processes via contract manufacturers,

In the Acer Computer Mangento open source ecommerce web application is really usefull to me. this open source ecommerce web application was launched on March 31, 2008. It was developed by Varien (now Magento Inc) with help from the programmers within the open source community but is owned solely by Magento Inc.

The Magento™ project chose to go with industry standard PHP 5 and Zend Framework to provide them with an extremely simple, object-oriented, and flexible solution that

encapsulates best practices, agile & testing methodologies, and that would result in very rapid development of enterprise-grade web applications. The project’s development teams as well as their e-commerce clients benefit from Zend Framework because it provides them with all of the following:

• Widespread community support gives Magento contributors and users an open source

framework with a wealth of documentation and momentum behind it. This enables Magento to grow as project developers contribute to the Magento code base and don’t need to learn an unfamiliar framework. This benefit also applies to new staff as well, because Varien can more easily find developers that are already familiar with Zend

Framework.

• An object-oriented library of code that gives them a simple and painless transition to data-using web services. Web services are especially important in e-commerce where the sharing of information between various fulfillment, payment, and other programs is integral to successful business practices and work flow

• 1 month later...

I'm going to try an MXM capable HP / Compaq, those would fall under the "Workstation" category most often, MXM is the widest available PCIExpress card for laptops, but certainly not the only one.

I mentioned before, XPS Dells might offer an Alienware substitute at a bargain, or similar motherboards among known manufacturers might give you the elements you need, Chipset, CPU, GPU are the most important, second would be ports for attaching devices, then on top of that, battery life. In a year or more, Ultrabooks might just be able to provide gaming with amazing attributes!